Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Sweet treats (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Best Ever Brownies (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=209178)

HollyAyott Mon, Sep-13-04 16:49

Best Ever Brownies

these are dense moist and a bit cake like but yet very very very good brownies as good as any regular I ahve ever had

1 cup finely ground hazelnuts
1/2 cup vanilla flavored whey protein powder
3 tabs unsweetned cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup splenda
1/2 tsp salt
5 tbs oil ( I use coconut oil but whatever will work)
1 tbs cider vinegar
1 cup (cold) water

1 preheat oven 350

2 in a bowl combine hazelnuts protein powder cocoa baking soda splenda and salt stir them together till completely mixed ( no lumps of baking soda)

3 spray 9x9 dish with cooking spray place combined ingredients in it make two holes in the mixture opur oil into one vinegar into the other and water over the whole thing mix with fork until well combined

4 Bake for 30 -40 mins

makes 9 -1 0 servings 7g carbs 1 gram fiber and 12 grams of protein!

Hopeful214 Tue, Sep-14-04 03:36

:yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum:
Thanks for posting this I copied it and printed it !!! :)

HollyAyott Wed, Sep-15-04 20:07

let me know when you make them, I love em!

PaminNY Sat, Sep-18-04 14:37

Wow! I kind of was expecting a bitter taste (splenda + chocolate), but these are delicious! Definitely a keeper. Thanks for posting :)

Pam

bioteclady Wed, Sep-22-04 09:48

Very yummy...

....I made them last night. My son had his b-day cake, so I made a treat for us LCers in the house. And this was very yummy, I think next time I might add more Cocoa, just for that richer chocolate taste. :)

db81971 Sun, Feb-13-05 19:47

Bump

I made these tonight and used ground almonds instead of hazelnuts, and I used white distilled vinegar instead of the cider vinegar. They are very moist but a tad crumbly. I may try adding an egg next time. Don't be alarmed it was almost like soup (very thin and runny) but it worked good.

sugarjunky Tue, Feb-15-05 08:37

I'll betcha it's the hazelnuts that are their saving grace. I look forward to trying this recipe. :thup:

acipenser Sun, Apr-24-05 19:54

just curious why you need to poke the holes and mix the rest of the ingrediants in the pan?? what will happen if you mix in the bowl and pour into the pan??

just curious.

Mumof4boys Mon, Apr-25-05 14:23

Has anyone tried this with chocolate whey protein powder instead of the vanilla. I wonder if this would be a better idea instead of adding more cocoa to get a richer chocolate taste. When you add more cocoa to a recipe you should also add more fat, so using the chocolate whey powder would avoid putting in more fat.

jeanyyy Sun, Jul-10-05 16:51

Just made these using chocolate whey protein powder and that's all I can taste in the finished product. If I ever make the recipe again, I would try leaving that out and sticking with just the ground hazelnuts.