Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   We need a name... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=107192)

motis Wed, May-21-03 20:26

We need a name...

I wonder if part of the adversity of the WOE is that it is still labled as a diet. Many of us are in it for the long haul. Are we to say that we are on a diet for the rest of our lives?

People who choose to not eat meat are called vegetarians.
People who choose to not eat any products that come from animals are called vegans.

We need a name.

When someone asks if we want a piece of chocolate cake, we can say:

"I'm sorry. I'm a .................." (Any suggestions?)

:)

~Angi~

Rachel S Wed, May-21-03 20:54

... protarian?
... carbagin ?

hahaha

Shelley J Wed, May-21-03 21:03

carbaholic?
"Im sorry, I don't eat sugar"
"Im sorry, I hate chocolate" :lol:
"that stuff'll kill ya..." :rolleyes: (except when you are PMSing) ;)

The Goose Wed, May-21-03 21:39

"I'm sorry - I'm a wide-arse." LOL

or

"NO WAY!!! ARE YOU ON CRACK??!??"

Just kidding...

I think at this point, any name we come up with will be met with a blank stare and will involve a long and unavoidably drawn out explanation of what in heaven's name we are doing calling ourselves anything when all we really are is just plain crazy for turning down their delicious homemade chocolate cream mousse ice cream cake and baked potatoes with toast and rice pudding... and a spoonful of sugar.

But I'm all for it! :daze:

twitch Wed, May-21-03 21:44

Personally

I'm a diabetic - reason enough for me to eat this way even if I was a perfect weight!

Skamito Wed, May-21-03 22:13

There's always-

sugarbuster
wheatbeater
carbbasher

Oh my, mine are violent!

smidgie27 Thu, May-22-03 00:28

In his memory how about......

No thanks, I'm an Atkiniac!!! :rheart:

If they don't know who Atkins is then thats the perfect opportunity to help spread the word.

Rachel S Thu, May-22-03 02:01

Alaska? Awesome! That is so far away from NZ. Smidgie: don't be so coy about your stats: we've all been there!

Lisa N Thu, May-22-03 04:39

How about: "No, thanks, I'm allergic to sugar/starchy foods...they make me break out in fat." :lol:

Seriously...do we really need a label to give legitimacy to refusing a food that is being offered to us?
Yesterday I turned down an ice cream bar with "No, thanks, I don't eat sugar" and left it at that.

2bthinner! Thu, May-22-03 06:42

I just say

No, thank you. (I have also said I'm allergic to desserts, they make me break out in pounds...) Depends on how well I know the person offering the dessert.

I also believe I'll feel stronger in my arguments when I have the "body" to back it up. Yes, I can tell people I've lost some weight, and I can tell them I feel SO much better. But, I think until I'm a good size, it's not going to make much of an impression. Sorry, that sounds defeatist, but it IS reality.

motis Thu, May-22-03 06:50

LOLOLOL. :lol:

These answers were just the kind I was looking for. (We can't be serious ALL the time. lol)

"Sorry, but I have a condition known as lardassosis. Eating cake conflicts with my medication, Proteinitin.". :)

You guys crack me up!!

~Angi~

fairchild Thu, May-22-03 06:52

My name is...

This is where I get really pissy-
people will not openly say that you are overweight and they are concerned about your health-if they did then 2/3 of Americans would not be overweight,
but they will ask you why you dont want that piece of cake, bread etc.
Do they really care about your health?
It is no new miracle of science - in fact it is very old science that processed foods are bad for you; people have been saying that since I was a kid.
How is this plan any different?
Its not like we have to explain the macrobiotic diet which sounds more like some odd Celtic ritual [no nightshade vegetables?] than a diet.
This is simple:
'I do not eat processed foods because they are unhealthy' Secondly,
'Yes I want to lose weight so I am limiting some unprocessed foods as well.'
No need to take it beyond that !

kc766 Thu, May-22-03 07:03

:lol: :p :lol: I just got to work and thought I'd check out the forum real quick.... what a hoot!!! You all are starting my day off with a big belly laugh (and I'm not joking about the "big belly"!! heehee) :p

shawnie Thu, May-22-03 08:25

I love the replies they are sooo funny....lardassosis I love that one

atiaran Thu, May-22-03 08:30

Once I said to an offer of a sugary dessert "no thanks, I am a carnivore (meat eater)". The hostess then repeated back to a mutual friend "did you know she's a cannibal?" My friend and I thought it was funny!!