Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Lemon Water (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=180826)

newgirlPEI Mon, Apr-26-04 16:36

Lemon Water

I have started adding some fresh squeezed lemon juice to my water...I probably use the juice of 1 lemon each day in about 96oz of water. Is this ok? I just need to add a little bit of a kick to my water to get it down.

blue4lemon Mon, Apr-26-04 16:40

thats fine but lemon juice has carbs..check out the carb counter on dr atkins page. it is somewhere around a carb and a half per tbs i think.

Malachi Mon, Apr-26-04 17:38

It worked for me.

I was not a Water drinker before my diet, I started drinking lemon water and it made drinking it palatable.I think it helped me feel full and went on to loose 100 plus pounds on Atkins, When I wanted something sweet I put a couple of drops of Stevia in it. :)

AnnieFelac Mon, Apr-26-04 19:39

I like lime juice in mine. It reminds me of the days when I was young, free and single and would go dancing every weekend. They always had alcoholic stuff there and since I don't drink I'd ask for water and they'd serve it with a fresh lime. :) Annie

picaboo Mon, Apr-26-04 19:47

I would not worry about *that*- juice of 1 lemon each day in about 96oz of water"...........add a few leafs of mint.......lovely....:-)

livingintn Mon, Apr-26-04 20:15

I wouldn't worry about it, either.
My friends tease me when we go out for ordering a dish of lemons with my water and making "redneck lemonade" (with lemon juice and a packet of splenda). As ridiculous as I may look, it's better than soda ;)

iwill Tue, Apr-27-04 11:20

Don't sweat it, I too, always have fresh lemon with my water. And the mint suggestion sounds wonderful.

skinnbones Tue, Apr-27-04 12:55

How do you like that? I have been enjoying redneck lemonade for years and didn't know it had a name. :lol:

STALLQUEEN Tue, Apr-27-04 13:03

I read an article in first magazine ( great magazine by the way )
on fat loss tricks, lwmon water was one of them, preferably room temt or warm,,put some rind in too, they had many other things mentioned on the list ,

certain nuts were on it too, hot spices, cant remember now,

START BUYING THE MAGZAZINE ( FIRST ) EVERY 2 WEEKS, NO STUPID ARTICLES LIKE COSMOS, ALL HEALTH RELATED AND DIET RELATED,,
THE BEST MAGAZINE I HAVE EVER BOUGHT, I KEEP THEM ALSO AND REFER BACK ON STUFF.

CHECK IT OUT...............

calico32 Tue, Apr-27-04 14:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingintn
My friends tease me when we go out for ordering a dish of lemons with my water and making "redneck lemonade" (with lemon juice and a packet of splenda).

My friends and I call this ghetto Lemonade. :D

livingintn Tue, Apr-27-04 15:25

He he he...I think Jeff Foxworthy may have penned the phrase "redneck lemonade." You know, "you might be a redneck if......" :)

tachi77 Thu, Apr-29-04 00:31

I put lemon and splenda to soda water to make lemonade - its great and calms my suga craving now and then.

Demi Thu, Apr-29-04 04:47

I now drink my water with either a slice of lemon or lime ~ the mint sounds like a good idea too :)

sybs Thu, Apr-29-04 07:42

Love the lemon. I figure it's just a small amount and I believe it helps to clean ya out. Not sure, but I know I've seen the lemons in a few cleanses. I use it whenever I can. Plus...added benefit...if you have alergies try 1/2 squeezed lemon with a pinch of cayenne pepper and abut 8oz of water. I add 1 splenda packet to get it all down and drink with a straw...it really works! And I actually like the taste