Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Snacks (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=418503)

Warren D Sat, Oct-16-10 05:51

Snacks

Stop doing it. Eat proper meals. That is all.

Aldrina Sun, Oct-17-10 16:55

..um ok? I find that when I snack through out the day I lose at a faster rate.

Elizellen Mon, Oct-18-10 07:22

Well, we all have our own interpretation of the rules of whichever plan we are following and our own body's needs so choose to snack or not accordingly.

What made you decide snacks are a bad thing on your plan. Warren?

gwynne2 Mon, Oct-18-10 09:01

Hrm. While I don't necessarily agree with the imperative tone of the post, 'grazing' just makes me want to eat all day and all night. Discrete meals are the way to go for me.

Candiflip Mon, Oct-18-10 15:11

was this meant to be a whole post? or your journal entry?? either way, to each his own eh :)

Aujuba Mon, Oct-18-10 18:15

It's sort of a happening Internet style. :)

IvannaBFit Tue, Oct-19-10 00:09

Some people lose faster while snacking; others don't.

Nancy LC Tue, Oct-19-10 09:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aujuba
It's sort of a happening Internet style. :)

Oh lovely. Is this like rude is the new black? :lol:

spydermary Tue, Oct-19-10 10:18

I eat when I am hungry, whether a snack or a full meal!

Aujuba Wed, Oct-20-10 03:52

Sometimes things just happen. Too many snacks might make some people start to reincarborate (if that's a word) and once there they could be a bit ruder once the hunger kicks in. I probably am a bit like the OP when I have too many snacks.

When you break your diet and you start to enter the world of carb burn your moods can swing quite a lot. At least mine do. When you just break that border into the carbs, you feel the worst hunger. Carbs hurt the most when you have just some and when you have too many. If you have some, your body craves more. If you have too many, for me its like an overdose. When really in LC, you have just a touch which doesn't affect your mood. The other area is when you have enough carbs to quench your hunger for a short time yet not so much as to wear you down. That's not a bad place to be but it's hard to stay there and lose weight. JMO

Warren D Wed, Oct-20-10 11:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizellen
Well, we all have our own interpretation of the rules of whichever plan we are following and our own body's needs so choose to snack or not accordingly.

What made you decide snacks are a bad thing on your plan. Warren?
I have noticed that many people seem to eat snacks out of habit or boredom. They are not always eating because they are hungry.
I have been reading this board for a little while now and I have lost count of the amount of times I have read posts by people that are struggling with their weight but are also snacking. I believe the trick is to eat in a way that keeps your blood sugar stable whether you are trying to lose fat or gain muscle.
I find that when eating healthy lc meals, my blood sugar stays stable long enough for me to need just 3 or 4 meals per day and no desire for snacks. I only eat 4 meals if I'm working. My work is very physical so I burn a lot of calories. I will sometimes have a small amount of food at 4pm just to help me along until my evening meal. You could call this a snack but I only have it if necessary. The 4pm feed is the same kind of food I would have eaten at lunch but smaller. Usually something like chicken soup. Like I said before, this is only on some workdays.