Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   New to forum (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=47276)

jtswife Tue, Jun-11-02 15:25

New to forum

:roll:

Hi, My name is Jacque and I have struggled with weight loss for almost all my life.
I did the Weight watchers and I did lose weight but was hungry all the time.
I seem to be carbosensitive so thought I would try watching my carbs intake. I know alot of people who have lost weight this way.
I am anxious for advice and tips from all of you.
Please email me if you have any that would help me
jtswife~msn.com
God bless and hope to become friends with all of you.

wangeci Tue, Jun-11-02 15:41

Welcome Jacque....

Glad to see you here. You will find so much information, just start surfing this whole board, ask as many questions that you need, pick the plan that is right for you (on the right) and make sure you read the book thoroughly before starting. It will do you a world of good. Many people start journals so you can track your progress and daily menu. Also, if you haven't already, you should take many measurements right now. Many people wish they had, because you will notice measurements sometimes change before weight does. So, make sure you do this while you are at ground zero.....
Good luck and welcome to the GREATEST LC FORUM I have seen.

Cindy

jtswife Tue, Jun-11-02 20:44

Thanks Cindy for the warm welcome. I really appreciate it.

wbahn Tue, Jun-11-02 22:58

Greetings and welcome aboard! :wave:

As Cindy said, just jump in and start surfing. In particular, check out some of the journals, browse through the FAQ and look through the "stickies" and "announcements" located at the top of the thread listings in the various forums.

I hope you'll enjoy LC'ing as much as I have!

jtswife Wed, Jun-12-02 05:48

:confused:
I am still a little taken back at this whole thing.
Eating all the things for years they told you not to while on a diet is taking some getting used to. But I love all this food!!!
But I do miss 4 slices of toast in the morning and bagels.
Thanks for the welcome.

Cinderella Wed, Jun-12-02 07:34

Hi Cindy...welcome!! :D

You won't miss those for long...besides, there are alot of "bread" recipes floating around for after induction. I actually ordered low carb tortellia shells. I'm surprised on how little I use them, probably becasue I waited a LONG time before I ordered them, hoping it wouldn't cause old cravings to come back.
Anyrooo...you've received alot of great advice....snoop through the journals...get one started for yourself. Go through all those yummy recipes, ask tons of questions, drink lots of water and don't touch any of those foods that make so many folks stall.

Here's to a new YOU!!

Cin :wave:

msjames Wed, Jun-12-02 07:36

Hello and welcome :wave:

This is a great site for advise and information. So please ask your questions and enjoy. Lots of luck on your low carb journey.