Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   IN-N-OUT Protien Stye Burgers (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=13686)

LCasa90125 Thu, Jul-26-01 13:53

IN-N-OUT Protien Stye Burgers

For anyone who has IN-N-OUT BURGERS near you, or when travelling, if you see one, they serve their burgers without the bun, if you request it "PROTIEN STYLE".

They wrap it in lots of lettuce leaves. I just got a double-double/no onions/extra pickles.

Whooohooo... YEA!

MMMmmmmmmm......Yummy!
Laurie

"PROTIEN STYLE". :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D

otenn Thu, Jul-26-01 19:27

No such place near my I'm afraid, but how refreshing to hear that it exists, especially after just returning from a few weeks on the road and leaving a Hansel and Gretel like trail of discarded buns behind....

bluugirl Thu, Aug-02-01 17:05

Really?!
There's an IN-N-OUT place right outside my work.. i don't eat out very often (try hardly ever :D) but, i'll try it out sometime! :) :) :)

delilah Mon, Aug-19-02 19:27

someone just introduced me to this. I'm so excited!!

Here's a link to the In-n-out secret recipes:

Top Secret In-N-Out Recipes

:thup:

KMagee Tue, Aug-20-02 08:30

In-N-Out

This is by far the easiest place to order a burger without the bun (without the server looking at you like you're nuts). They have been doing this for quite a while - maybe one of the owners is a low carber! I think they are pretty much only in California (or at least West Coast)
K

Judi B. Tue, Aug-20-02 13:35

Not Fair!!!

We need an In-N-Out here on the east coast...Anyone want to start a franchise with me??!!! :D
Judi-
:p who is at home from work with food poisoning-can't believe I'm even thinking about food-let alone have energy enough to get out of bed to type this!!!!

Kristine Tue, Aug-20-02 15:41

"Flying Dutchman: Two beef patties and two slices of cheese. Nothing else...not even a bun."

Man, I wish I had one of those places near me!

DDMariana Tue, Aug-20-02 18:55

I'm very pleased with In & Out food...even when I ordered with the bun! But I also have my neighborhood McDonald's trained to give me two double cheeseburgers, no bun, in a box! It's four patties, two slices of cheese and I can munch on that at work over a bed of lettuce. Not bad for two bucks!

:D

KMagee Tue, Aug-20-02 19:09

McDonald's Breakfast

Speaking of having McDonald's well trained, one of my favorite quick breakfasts is ordering sausage mcmuffins with the cheese "in the middle". Then I just pitch the english muffins and eat the rest like a sandwich...and they're 2 for $2.22!
karen

Candiflip Tue, Aug-20-02 20:13

I totally miss In-N-Out Since I moved from Orange County California to Vancouver, B.C. I LOVED their Burgers, Fries, & shakes. Well I can't have the fries & shakes anymore but I still like 'em.

Candice

Missycat Sat, Aug-24-02 15:00

Whoo hoo!

:hyper: I think I know what I'm having for dinner! This is fabulous news. I've been eating my burgers with a knife and fork, but it's sheer genius to wrap it in lettuce. VERY good news!

We've LOVED In-n-Out burgers since a restaurant opened up here within the last couple of years. The only hard thing will be to resist those wonderful fries. (Give me a break - I've only been low-carbing for 6 weeks. :p )

lmalone Sat, Aug-24-02 17:24

did you also know in-out-you can order a 4 or 5 or 6 patty or anything igher burger made.even though not on menu,they make it.just like when you tell them "animal style" they fry and chopup the onions,and thats not on menu neither but can be done.
danole~

tizzielish Sun, Aug-25-02 15:42

I see a business opportunity

Yikes! It sounds like In-and-Out should start an aggressive expansion. I wonder what kind of investment would be needed to buy a franchise?