Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   The Hazards of Eating Correctly (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=177074)

Sccuffy Mon, Apr-05-04 20:00

The Hazards of Eating Correctly

I have cut a large slice off the side of may pointer finger (that is real) while I was making my lunch salad for the upcoming week. If only I had not taken up eating this way I would still have a whole and unmaimed pointer finger. I took off about a 1/16 - 1/8th of my finger.

Luckily it is one my non dominate hand, so typing is not to bad, but yuck it is deformed looking and it sure hurts. I guess there are other ways to loose parts of yourself, not just this way of eating.

I have to mention that I was day dreaming of the drummer from The Darkenss, while I was making the salad, yes a grown woman fantising about some young bloke in a band.

I am sticking with this way of eating, although I just may start tearing my lettuce instead of cutting it.

Sccuffy

lizwhip Mon, Apr-05-04 20:03

Well, thats one way to speed up your weight loss. I might try it.

Liz

mel92 Mon, Apr-05-04 20:09

I use one of those large chefs knife to cut my lettuce, I would NOT suggest you try that. Go for the tearing, it's safer. ;)

:)melissa

twinky Mon, Apr-05-04 20:14

How many pounds did ya cut off?
I might have to try that
HEHE

Paris Mon, Apr-05-04 20:15

Ouch! :eek:

I hope it heals up quickly.

killamira Mon, Apr-05-04 20:24

OUCH! i had thought maybe if I lost an arm i could drop a few more, butthat was just a twisted thought!! HAHA

Elsah Mon, Apr-05-04 20:26

ROFL that must have been SOME daydream!! :)

Jenn

tagcaver Mon, Apr-05-04 20:31

Did you count the extra grams of protein in your salad??? :lol:

Sccuffy Mon, Apr-05-04 20:38

The missing piece of my finger thankfully did not end up in the salad, and it was quite a good daydream, I didn't even realize that I had chopped of some of my finger untill it was too late, not even a half cut, but a full downward chop.

Silly the things we do when we aren't paying attention.

Sccuffy

potatofree Mon, Apr-05-04 20:53

Owieowieowieowieowie!!!!!!!!

To be fair, though, my niece once sliced part of HERS off cutting a frozen bagel... so carbs are dangerous too.

Sccuffy Mon, Apr-05-04 21:05

Ohhhhhhh, haahhhahahahahahahahhaha. I actually laughed out loud at that comment Potatoefree.

djcarbno Mon, Apr-05-04 21:26

Hey Sccuffy - I have had many near amputations while trying to cook - anyway did you know that your lettuce stays fresher longer if you tear it instead of cutting - no more ugly brown leaves! Just a hint to help save the rest of your fingers!!

Sccuffy Mon, Apr-05-04 21:32

Thanks djcarbo, I didn't know that, you might have single handidly saved me from another salad amputation.

myagenda Mon, Apr-05-04 21:37

Ouch. I hope you have a fast recovery and no more amputations.

lakookoo Tue, Apr-06-04 03:47

One of my aunts once dislocated her thumb trying to lever out the still-partially-frozen turkey drumsticks from under the little flap of skin that holds them together on the turkey, and then when she snapped upright with the pain of the dislocation, banged her head on the corner of the open cupboard door beside her and knocked herself out.

So even protein is hazardous :lol: She's fine now (we think -- but then, who really knows?)

Hope that your poor finger makes a full recovery. It must be very painful.