Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Eck I'm too depressed to eat! I can just about do 500 cals (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=48154)

SlimShAdY Wed, Jun-19-02 22:41

Eck I'm too depressed to eat! I can just about do 500 cals

Ugh I'm not hungry! These past 2 days I'm only eating about 500 cals! I could eat 2,000 cals of junk if I wanted to tho..lol But I'm not gonna.. this sucks!

Ok i feel like venting..forgive me lol
I took my dog to the vet the other day because he has 3 fatty tumors.. They wanna remove them.. Eck he's my baby and he's 13 so I'm scared! lol I sooo don't feel like eating. YaYa sounds stupid cause its just a dog..but he's all I got so yanno.. :o 13 and this is the first surgery he's gonna have besides getting nuetered and his teeth cleaned.. Eck. They're on his sides near his back legs and they came and got bigger outta no where. And since they keep growing, he's gonna have more trouble walking so.. eck gotta do it. He's perfectly healthy for his age, he still acts like he's 5 lol..So I dunno what the heck i'm scared of.. :confused:

Anyways,

Last year I was doing atkins and then he had to get a tooth pulled.. I ate soooo much crap that day! I have no idea how I'm gonna make it untill the 29th! lol Everytime he looks at me and I'm tryin to eat I lose my appetite lol :o Eck I hope I don't gain..But I hope my dog is fine even more..er somethin lol

I dunno any tips? I could just drink protein shakes untill I feel like eating.. I guess its something.. :rolleyes:

ezandreth Thu, Jun-20-02 02:49

same with cat

A friend of mine has a very elderly cat, now about 17, who is huge (and still going strong). Well, a few years ago he also developed fatty tumours and had to have them removed. We have never stopped asking our friend if she's sure she got the right fatty lump back from the vet.
Wish I oculd lose a few fatty lumps that quickly.
Zanny

vbrowne Thu, Jun-20-02 07:50

My golden retriever (13 years old) needed surgery too, I felt like you, I can't do that to my baby even though I knew it was for the best, I snapped out of it pretty fast realizing I had to do the right thing to make him feel better. The surgery was scheduled for the next day, he was to stay over night that night, so after we knew everything was fine and he'd be coming home, I proceeded to drink a bottle of wine and eat a large pizza (the opposite of your problem). When he came home the next day and I could see his was feeling better, and better and better each day that passed, I felt much better and got my act together again. Don't ever think it sounds stupid because it's a dog, we have no children and our dogs are our life, we treat them better than some people treat their children I think, they are a part of your family and all they want is love and affection. So get your baby to the vet and have him fixed up, you'll both feel better - and just think if he's acting like he's 5, you guys can go for fast walks or jogs together to make you both feel great. Good luck and try to eat more, you're both worth it.

pegm Thu, Jun-20-02 12:08

Our pets are part of our family, so I understand how you feel. I think those fatty tumors are pretty common in older dogs. Mine had some removed when she was 12 because it would have grown into her leg muscle and interfered with her walking. Everything went fine, as I'm sure it will for your dog.

Please keep us posted and let us know how your dog is doing.

DDMariana Thu, Jun-20-02 12:55

Hi Slim...

I've been there with an older pet too, it's like waiting for your child to come out of surgery -- nothing matters, not food, not bills, no returning phone calls, etc.

Maybe you can select some foods that are very high in calories and fat so that what little you do eat will at least keep your body maintaining somewhat. Keep some Atkins bars with you maybe, they have the nutrients too and aren't too much to eat. When the stress is over for you and you settle back in to a routine, you will be glad you didn't blow it to high heaven, and you'll be able to just pick up where you left off.

Good luck...to Ya Ya too!

Donna

SlimShAdY Fri, Jun-21-02 12:37

Hey thanks guys

Hey Zanny, Ya could lose a few fatty lumps that fast for about $4,000...lol but I don't think you want to :D

Vbrowne..
You're so right. I think I do treat him better then some ppl treat their kids! lol I have nothing else so it makes sense. If I had a bottle of wine and pizza thats exactly what I would down too eck. I only feel stupid talking about it because alot of ppl are jerks like "its a dog, so what" :rolleyes: I feel so freakin guilty when he looks at me wanting to play, go outside..ect. Like I'm an ass or something lol I know I'm not, I'm doing it for his own good.. But he hates the vet! He gets so nervours I'm scared he'd have a heartattack or something.

Hi donna.. I can't do Atkins bars, they trigger cravings for me and I'll end up devouring m&m's and all that good stuff :o lol I'm trying to just eat fattening things and protein shakes so I don't have to eat much..eck better than nothing. I'm trying not to blow this.

SlimShAdY Fri, Jun-21-02 12:57

Quote:
Originally posted by pegm
Our pets are part of our family, so I understand how you feel. I think those fatty tumors are pretty common in older dogs. Mine had some removed when she was 12 because it would have grown into her leg muscle and interfered with her walking. Everything went fine, as I'm sure it will for your dog.

Please keep us posted and let us know how your dog is doing.

Yea they must be. And he's only about 6lbs over weight too..shouldn't be getting them! lol Hmm so your dog had basically the same thing.. How was she afterwards? Eck these 3 popped up out of nowhere in a little less then 2 weeks..they don't get more do they? eck :confused: