Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   CAD/CALP (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Fell off the wagon this weekend (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=89894)

Channah Sun, Mar-02-03 00:20

Fell off the wagon this weekend

*Sigh*

It was all going so well, and then, after Shabbat services, there was this most beautiful spread, as usual. And I just grabbed a bagel, and then a slice of cheesecake.....

I know I can get back on the wagon. I started again this evening. But I am so disappointed in myself. I am NOT weiging myself again until I have been back on the WOE for at least 3 days.

Has anyone had any really really weak moments like this in the beginning?

Kayceecan Sun, Mar-02-03 00:46

:wave:

Channah

I think we've all been there. Just get back on track!......What's done is done.............Look to tomorrow! Hang in there!

Channah Sun, Mar-02-03 00:55

Thanks, Kayceecan.

Next week, I am not even going to look in the direction of the carbo table! :p

Kayceecan Sun, Mar-02-03 01:48

Hey Channah,

Just noticed, your birthday is one day after mine (Nov. 12)....and you were born the same year my second son, Adam was born!....Stay in touch, we have some connections....lol... :roll:
Good luck in your LC quest!....

tokenyanke Sun, Mar-02-03 07:26

Yep, it's normal to give in sometimes. It doesn't matter if you've just started or if you've been at it for a while. It usually hits totally out of the blue, too...

I've been fortunate in that I am pretty disciplined and it doesn't happen that often, but when it does.... Watch out!

Just pick yourself up and get back on track and you'll feel much better. It's always disappointing when it happens, but it's rewarding when you get right back on track and can feel proud of yourself for doing so.

Zuleikaa Sun, Mar-02-03 07:31

Channah
Don't belabor it. Believe me, everyone has been there. I've been there many times myself. You are doing the best thing in getting right back on program. CAD is forgiving of a 1 day slip up. We are all in this for the long haul and it is a long journey with stumbles along the way.

dcbrowne Sun, Mar-02-03 12:25

Dear Channah-

Just let it go, its over and tomorrow will be another great LO CARB day for you. Hurray for all those days without slips!!!

Donna :rheart:

quikdeb Sun, Mar-02-03 15:26

You mentioned in your journal that while a CADer you have been doing Atkins for the past few days. Maybe your body was really craving an RM. That wouldn't be blowing it, that would just be working your CAD plan as long as you didn't go past your hour.

In any case, you will get a lot of positive response to your question, because I doubt there are very many here who have not made a mistake or had a bad day, or week, or longer. Point is, you came here and intend to get back on. That's what counts and nobody is going to judge or critisize you for not being PERFECT. Who is? Don't beat yourself up.

Consider a CAD week. I might help you get back in control a little easier.

Deb

Channah Mon, Mar-03-03 06:14

You guys are the best! Thanks for all the support. I did much better on Sunday, even in the face of major emotional issues going on. :-)

monroejenn Mon, Apr-21-03 19:30

Don't fret!

Channah: Here's more support for you. It's so wonderful to see we have company out there. So many low-carbers having had difficulty themselves, and soooo very supportive! I was 190 lbs, low-carbed down to 169lbs in 3 months, then started a new job and within a year, was up to 200lbs. Ughhh. I am back low-carbing, and have lost 5 lbs in the last week. Trying not to beat myself up for falling off the wagon myself. In your case, had you reached for a low-carb bagel and low-carb cheesecake, you would have been just fine...good information for the future - do not dwell over spilled milk - just move forward with hope and focus. Keep up the good work!
Jen :D