Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Weirdest emergency meal? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=153708)

adkpam Fri, Dec-12-03 12:21

Weirdest emergency meal?

Had a really busy day and wound up on the road with no lunch, no food, and no time.
So I ran into a convenience store and made a meal of a big Slim Jim and a package of cashews. Not ideal for carbs, but so much better than any alternatives around.
What's the weirdest meal you've had in an emergency?

Natkins Fri, Dec-12-03 12:26

pepperoni sticks and string cheese from 7-Eleven!

potatofree Fri, Dec-12-03 13:29

So many weird choices... :lol:

Probably a toss-up between resorting to a hard-boiled egg for breakfast, which is BEYOND weird for me.... or a concoction of leftover cauliflower, browned hamburger, mayonnaise, and some cheese.. "Clean out the Fridge Casserole" I called it..and it was suprisingly good.

luddybell Fri, Dec-12-03 13:51

hmmm the weirdest thing for me had to be when i first started and was craving sandwiches i fryed 2 eggs as hard as i could and filled them with "fajita" fillings and mayo.. instant Sandwich :) YUMMY.. sounds good right about now!

MaryToU Fri, Dec-12-03 14:02

Beef Jerkey and water here. Couldn't even find any good nuts!

Skyangel Fri, Dec-12-03 15:00

I was at a conference being held at a Holiday Inn with the free breakfast buffet and no time to go anywhere else. 3 days in a row, I had 2 hard boiled eggs and half of an apple, sliced and spread with cream cheese.

matty Fri, Dec-12-03 15:37

I guess it would have to be the time I was working from home, decided to make egg salad for lunch, and discovered after I'd mashed the eggs that I was out of mayo. Didn't have time to run to the store before my conference call, so I mixed some cream cheese with water and used that. Not only weird, but not too good.

Porcellino Fri, Dec-12-03 18:50

oh my god, if there were no cashews on this planet, I would be back on the pasta! adkpam, cashews and .... (fill in the blank) have made many an emergency meal for me - you don't have to cook them, you can eat while driving, and the fat in them totally satisfies me.

Dean4Prez Sat, Dec-13-03 04:08

Not exactly a meal, but I remember one time when my boss brought bagels and cream cheese for us on a network install. I took a spoon and had a cream cheese "lollipop," and wasn't tempted by the bagels. And no, I didn't use the same spoon for seconds.

Kristine Sat, Dec-13-03 06:48

Heh heh - Potatofree, I call it "scrambled leftovers" at my place. ;) Usually an egg, leftover tofu and leftover veggies. It's actually a great breakfast. I should post it in the recipe section. :lol:

My other strange one is the 7-11 Slim Jims and a hunk of cheese. :) Only in emergencies.