Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb Products (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   LC BBQ sauce suitable for grilling? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=176641)

BigJ Fri, Apr-02-04 21:03

LC BBQ sauce suitable for grilling?

I've tried the Walgreen Farm BBQ sauces and they are terrible for grilling or even cooking with. When the food gets hot the sauce either evaporates or runs off, just leaving a pink film behind. I would like a nice thick sauce that can stay on my burger and hopefully even blacken a little like the sugar packed Heinz BBQ sauce does.

Summer is coming up and I need a great BBQ sauce! Also has anyone tried cooking with the Heinz LC ketchup?

Dena241 Sat, Apr-03-04 09:18

I did buy the Heinz one carb ketchup, but I have not tried it yet. Have you considered trying the Carb Options BBQ sauces? They taste great and although I have not grilled with them yet, the bottle gives instructions, so I am guessing it would work. Walden Farms BBQ is not anywhere near as good, or thick. Let me know how it goes, if I cook with it any time soon I will post back for you.

milky soap Sat, Apr-03-04 09:30

Try the Carb Options Hickory barbeque sauce. It is delicious and taste just like regular bbq sauce. Let me know what you think about it. I got mine at Kroger.:yum:

babydoll23 Sat, Apr-03-04 15:55

I have my chicken marinating in the carb options regular flavor and it will be grilled tonite. I will let you know how it comes out!!!!

inkwell Sat, Apr-03-04 17:23

I like the atkins quick cuisine bbq sauce which I doctor up but it is not thick enough for your purposes. I use it as marinade for chicken but then bake it, not grill it so I dont have your prob. good luck finding a solution.

babydoll23 Sat, Apr-03-04 19:29

Okay I found it worked well. I marinated for about 6 hours and then grilled it over the heat for 12 minuts on one side, 12 on the other. We used some on the side for dipping. Not too shabby!

milky soap Sun, Apr-04-04 12:38

Was that the Carb Options that you tried? The Hickory is delicious !

babydoll23 Mon, Apr-05-04 10:04

Yes it was the carb options but the original flavor. The chicken had a nice bbq taste and was very moist.

mclukey Mon, Apr-05-04 21:58

I brush my meats with the carb options bbq sauces (both are good). It does blacken a little - to me it's real bbq - can't tell a difference!!!

BigJ Tue, Apr-06-04 07:01

Carb Options it is! I did some cross-border shopping this weekend and stocked up on a bunch of LC goodness, including some Carb Options sauce.

Thanks all!

supergirll Sat, Jul-16-05 05:41

Where can you find the Carb Option bbq sauce?

Where can you find the Carb Option bbq sauce?

I've been looking for a good low carb bbq sauce but haven't had any luck finding any.

Lisa N Sat, Jul-16-05 08:07

supergirll, I'm not sure where in Michigan you are but if you have a Family Fare/Prevos near you, check there. Meijer was carrying it, but I'm not sure they still do.
Another option would be KC Masterpiece Premium Classic Blend BBQ sauce. It has 1 gram of carb per tablespoon and is sweetened with a combination of Splenda and Acesulfame K (AceK) and has no partially hydrogenated oils in it. I got that one at Meijer and my whole family likes it. :thup:

EET Sat, Jul-16-05 10:36

I use Walden Farms Hickory or Honey BBQ sauce. They're okay in and of themselves, but I like them better when I doctor them a bit.

I add worstershire or terriyaki sauce, tabasco sauce, splenda and some garlic to the Walden Farms sauce. Then marinate the meat for a few hours.

This works for me.

Futurist Sat, Jul-16-05 15:02

If you like the flavor of one, but need to thicken it this would work: http://www17.netrition.com/expert_f...sugar_page.html

supergirll Mon, Jul-18-05 14:52

Thanks for the suggestion. My Meijer had the KC Masterpiece. I can't wait to try it on some chicken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa N
supergirll, I'm not sure where in Michigan you are but if you have a Family Fare/Prevos near you, check there. Meijer was carrying it, but I'm not sure they still do.
Another option would be KC Masterpiece Premium Classic Blend BBQ sauce. It has 1 gram of carb per tablespoon and is sweetened with a combination of Splenda and Acesulfame K (AceK) and has no partially hydrogenated oils in it. I got that one at Meijer and my whole family likes it. :thup: