Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   I finally did it. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=124285)

Hatman Sun, Jul-20-03 14:09

I finally did it.

To set up the story:
We had just moved 15yds of bark on Saturday (85+ degrees) and neither of us felt like cooking so we decided to go out to eat.

So after taking a shower i put on some shorts (way to big for me but to lazy, or being a guy, have not bought any new ones) and then i did it..

I TUCKED my shirt in and my stomach did not fall all out over the top..

YEAHHH FOR ME...

So then I thought about it and started digging through my drawers and looking in the closet and i found it...yes.....

A BELT...the dreaded belt you wife bought you and was way way to small to get around my fat butt and waste. SO i take a deep breathe and say ok i will give it a shot..
and..

IT went around my still to big butt and waist but i was able to put it approx 2 inches past hte buckle..

I was so pumped I had to go tell my wife (who is very supportive of this WOE) and I say " Do you see something you havent seen in a while? "
She says 'Umm you shaved? " lol ok i am on vacation and havent shaved in a few days hah.
I say 'NO"

then she goes OMG you have your shirt tucked in and you even fluffed your shirt out.......

So was a good night for me...to bad we were both dead tired from moving 15yds of bark...well maybe :: wink wink nudge nudge next time..

Bon Sun, Jul-20-03 14:14

Congrats and WTG Hatman! Getting thinner does wonders for the libido, too! :agree:

Keep up the great work! :cheer:

red1cutie Sun, Jul-20-03 14:21

Congrats Hatman! Awesome news! You must be on a high. Plus you burnt tons of calories moving that wood. You rock!
:clap: :clap: :cheer: :clap: :clap:

Peace
red

bostongirl Sun, Jul-20-03 18:46

Don't ya just feel so much sexier w/ your shirt tucked in??? I love the new me, too!!

Whammy Sun, Jul-20-03 18:58

So happy for you hatman! Isn't this what they call "just rewards"?

Keep up the great job!

Whammy

DanaJo Sun, Jul-20-03 20:50

WOO HOO!!!

I think that the BEST thing about a great experience such as yours
is the motivation to keep on keepin' on...

Enjoy!

Dana

Birddog Sun, Jul-20-03 21:15

[COLOR=darkorange]

Birddog Sun, Jul-20-03 21:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birddog
[COLOR=darkorange]

Let's try this again.

Kudos to you :exclm: Go Hatman Go :clap:

Operaghost Sun, Jul-20-03 22:19

Woo Hoo!! Feels good, don't it!! I see your location as Kent, is that Kent, WA?

MaggieP Mon, Jul-21-03 09:15

That is so awesome!

Congratulations on both the tuck-in and the belt! :yay: It is such a great feeling to finally fit in those clothes - and the belt just makes it that much better!

Now ya just need to recover from the yard work... :blush:

Hatman Mon, Jul-21-03 11:55

Thanks all,
yes it is kent wa lived here my whole life at least this side of the hill.

now i just have to survive business trip to TN this week and i will be golden :)..

yes i am the master of temptations to fail...

jettafer Mon, Jul-21-03 14:24

Hello fellow Pac NW'er!
So thrilled for you!! Nothing feels as good as putting something on that used to be too tight and it fitting.. Congrats!!!! Keep up the good work. :yay: