Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Happy St. Patrick's Day TDC (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=173328)

rosey1 Wed, Mar-17-04 14:17

Happy St. Patrick's Day TDC

hope u remembered to wear your green, so you didn't get pinched. :nono:
who's having corned beef and cabbage for dinner?

Ellen-mom Wed, Mar-17-04 14:22

EW!!! I made a stew for dinner. It has beef in it, does that count?

Rocky_Cdn Wed, Mar-17-04 16:38

I'm half Irish, but I think I'll skip that meal! :lol:

I'd throw some Gaelic your way, but the only thing I remember to say is some swearing, and I don't want to get kicked off the forum! That's what happens when you learn this stuff when you're a teenager! :roll:

Happy St. Paddy's Day!!

Ellen-mom Wed, Mar-17-04 16:51

"The Irish Blessing":

MAY THE ROAD RISE TO MEET YOU,
MAY THE WIND BE ALWAYS AT YOUR BACK
MAY THE SUN SHINE UPON YOUR FACE
THE RAINS FALL SOFT UPON YOUR FIELDS
AND, UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN,
MAY GOD HOLD YOU IN THE PALM OF HIS HAND

AntiM Wed, Mar-17-04 19:14

We're having corned beef and cabbage! Love this stuff and wait all year for the beef to go on sale.

And at $1.19 and $0.29 per pound respectively, we'll be "eating seasonally" for a while. :)

Zymi Wed, Mar-17-04 19:24

My mom makes an awesome corn beef, but when I tried to do it myself, it was horrible! :Puke: It might have been the quality of the beef though...flavor pack wasn't too tasty and the meat was 95% fat.

My family is mostly Irish and from the South..hehe...so we have corned beef with cornbread. Makes me kinna glad I'm so far away from home, I'm not tempted by Mom's yummy cornbread. :yum:

pixy_nixy Wed, Mar-17-04 19:29

Happy Paddy's Day!!!! But Ewwwww!

leasmom Wed, Mar-17-04 22:18

I cooked a whole Irish spread...I ate cornbeef and cabbage-YUMMY, sugar-free/lowcarb lime jello and a beef dish...dd had colcannon-(kale and mashed potatoes mixed together), Irish soda bread, and cupcakes. I made all that for just the two of us.

I love Irish food...I told dd she was lucky I learned to make Irish food...it was very important to her dad that she learned about her culture and food.

Mossling Wed, Mar-17-04 22:36

Corned beef and cabbage here--and even better, the DS and his girl cooked it! (Funny story: DS carefully bought potatoes, announced that we WERE going to have potatoes for St. Paddy's day–––and forgot all about them!)

Jude

brdgrl Thu, Mar-18-04 07:08

Hi all! Corned beef and cabbage here with a green martini to start! hehehe Love St. Pat's day! Some little 5th grader tried to pinch me claiming my buttons were not enough green. I sat on him....just kidding, but I did read him the riot act and showed him my tattoo which is a shamrock with the word "Eire" over it.

maryc Thu, Mar-18-04 07:46

We had Corned Beef and Cabbage and Faux Mash Potatoes. I love corned beef and cabbage. I make it a lot more often that Just St. Patty's day.
My Dh Family is Irish. One of their favorite dishes is Corned Beef and Cabbage.
Have a great day!!

DerBlumers Thu, Mar-18-04 18:55

My household is not Irish....but St Patty's Day arrived on a Wednesday this year....and I have a kids craft group after school at the church on Wednesdays. Nearly all the kids have some Irish descent...the only exception was a young hispanic 6th grade boy (and me..but I wore lots of green) and he didn't wear any green. He decided to paint his arm green (with a washable marker..) spray green glitter into his hair and face...put three sprigs of fake greenery in his hair...changed his name (put an O' in front of his last name...)..and had a ball with the rest of us!!! :lol: He told everyone he was part Irish...THIS PART (and showed everyone his green arm!)

I know that had nothing to do with food...but THIS does...I "spiked" their apple juice bottles with green food coloring, and they ALL thought I bought it that way...wondered where I found it...I just told them I bought the bottles at a store....they LOVED it!

I had absolutely NO Irish food whatsoever....not because I'm not Irish, but because I didn't have time to COOK any corned beef and cabbage!! I LOVE THE STUFF!!!! I got home late last night...and my DH had already eaten.

leasmom Thu, Mar-18-04 19:35

I did that with the diet sprite...I put green food coloring in it. I think it made a huge difference for dd...I wish I would've had green beer, I've yet to have that...with low carb/light beer it wouldn't be a bother...oh well...next year!!!