Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Mother's Day Challenge! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=100164)

MaryToU Mon, Apr-21-03 12:02

Mother's Day Challenge!

I know everyone likes a challenge, but this is not the different one. ;) This is for the people, (like me) who have an obsession with weighing and measuring themselves! My challenge if you decided to take it is this -> You may not step on the scale or measure yourself till Mother's Day!

If you are like me this will be a hard goal, I judge my progress with my morning weigh in. For myself I am planning to put a smiley face on the calendar each day I stick to plan. (Hopefully a lot :) :) :) )

Your reward for accepting this challenge? Hopefully will show up on Mother's Day, even if it is just a few pounds, I think you will feel great seeing the scale drop down in a collective heap instead of slowly up and down day to day. Well, are you up for it???

chocy963 Mon, Apr-21-03 12:19

Oooh, I dunno if I could do that. The reward would probably be a great Mother's Day present. But I am addicted to that scale.

I'll have to think this one over :daze:

earthlyone Mon, Apr-21-03 12:21

That is a difficult challenge, I may think about it a day before I commit.

atiaran Mon, Apr-21-03 12:36

Argh! That would be almost as bad as carb withdrawal!! :D
I am starting BFL today so I want to measure myself this evening. Once that's done though, I will try not to until Mother's Day.

I like challenges.

MaryToU Mon, Apr-21-03 13:41

:p I know , its a shock to the system! That is why it is such a hard challenge! I think carb withdrawl is easier, heck a day or two and it over! ;)

Tracy916 Mon, Apr-21-03 16:46

Hmmmm...

I accept . I will avoid my scale until May 11th. I have been obsessing about my progress lately. A long break from the scale will do me some good. :lol:

gotbeer Mon, Apr-21-03 16:56

Three weeks - wow - that's 1 1/2 Inductions!

I'll give it a shot. Damn competitive nature rising up again!

Wannabeski Mon, Apr-21-03 18:29

I'm in! I've fallen off the wagon.. Two days now.. Plan to get right back on tomorrow. Will check my weight in the morning just to weigh in and will not check it until mothers day. On mothers day we should all post our results!

alwazbuzy Mon, Apr-21-03 20:39

I CAN'T !!! I CAN'T !!!
I plot my weight on a chart every day. It's like following the bouncing ball on one of those Disney Sing-Along-Songs!!

But I think it's a GREAT challenge! Maybe later after I have been LCing longer and reached a stall or two.

Good Luck to all those who accept. Although I can't accept, I will be peeking in to see the results.

chocy963 Mon, Apr-21-03 20:45

Alright, alright - I'll do it - but I am weighing tomorrow to see if those two lbs this morning were just a fluke.

After tomorrow I won't weigh till Mother's Day.

carey80 Wed, Apr-23-03 20:11

Ok, it is hard for me too. I will give it a try.

I need to stop checking every day.

:cool: If I can pass up sweets that show up at work, that I have to wake past every couple of hours I can do this. :agree:

Good Luck to all of us.

mommatbird Wed, Apr-23-03 20:41

Okay. I'm in. It's only three weeks. I too am an everyday weigher. I am so bad, I can guess my weight before I hit the scale by 'feeling'.

After tomorrow, I will have my hubby hide the scale from me. I have two dr. appts between here and there, but I refuse my weight anyways. I mean, one appt is a med follow-up. Why the heck do I need my weight taken? You walk in the door and they want your weight. Well, sorry but I only weigh in the nude! You think they want that in the front office?!

carey80 Thu, Apr-24-03 07:07

mommatbird,

If they feel they MUST weigh you, stand with your back to the scale. I don't think back would count. I would count that against you. You don't know what it was and they have their I must do this task done.

I hope all goes well for you. :thup:

carey80 Thu, Apr-24-03 07:11

mommatbird,

Sorry about the editing error in my previous message.

I would not count it against you with your back to the scale.

I need to proof read a little better before I submit. :blush:

mommatbird Thu, Apr-24-03 10:20

Sorry, was venting a bit. The last time I went to Dr., it was for a depression consult. Something that does not need my weight. I was going to chat with him nothing more. I may let them weigh me tomorrow, but I also have a full physical next Friday. Anyone want to bet they try and weigh me again?! Like it changes drastically from one week to the next!

oops, venting again. I just have a scale obsessed dr. office. No real reason for them to weigh me. I think they just like to. I will face away from it, though.