Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   what do we miss the most? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=156504)

aezuli Fri, Jan-02-04 12:18

what do we miss the most?

i have been low carbing for quite a while without any friends tagging along or support groups. even though i have been quite successful, it would be comforting to know i am not alone in some of my struggles.

lately, i have been thinking about all of my former favorite places to eat and the things i miss. although im sticking to my diet no prob, i think that it would make me feel a little better to hear what everyone else misses about dining out.

gawdess Fri, Jan-02-04 12:31

I only miss the fitting in part of food, not needing special stuff.. I feel like a pain in the butt sometimes now with food and eating.

black57 Fri, Jan-02-04 12:34

I came on this thread just to announce that I miss mashed potatoes. I did make homemade mashed potatoes yesterday and they tasted so much better than they ever did.

mel92 Fri, Jan-02-04 12:44

chocolate. plain and simple chocolate :cry: the SF stuff really does nothing for my mood like the real thing. don't know why, wish it did.

melissa

menaz Fri, Jan-02-04 12:49

What do I miss? The 30 sum odd pounds gone? NOPE

Wont ever look back...

oh..ok you pressured me in to it I miss FRENCH TOAST!!!!!

LOL
Sarah

Supermommy Fri, Jan-02-04 13:03

Mashed potatoes and gravy .. and bread sometimes.
I found myself craving last night for some chocolate but was so proud of myself when I grabbed the pork rinds instead. No comparison ! lol

hey_Neener Fri, Jan-02-04 14:07

I miss being able to eat blindly. Now that my eyes have been opened I can't eat without analyzing what's in it and what it's going to do to my body. Ignorance was bliss! I may have been horribly heavy, but it was much more rewarding to eat!

Kelly_L Fri, Jan-02-04 14:21

My DH and I both miss the pizza at our favourite Italian place. We can't even go there for other food because you can smell that pizza and the cravings are just too strong. It used to be our Monday night ritual and so far we haven't found a replacement ritual that is as satisfying. Sounds weird doesn't it. I think it’s that it was a fun place to go as well as having good pizza so we really feel the loss.

Sterlina Fri, Jan-02-04 14:49

Well, Banana Nut Crunch cereal and granola cereal... so much that for the first time, I gave in and bought a gallon of milk and box of each cereal.. I had yesterday as my designated cheat day and ate a ton of cereal and loved every bite... :D

Back on track today of course.. :)

Isiar Fri, Jan-02-04 19:28

Pizza, pizza, pizza...

YukonSun Fri, Jan-02-04 20:10

Cereal and milk, criossants, donuts, cookies, garlic bread, I could go on and on...
lol

dahliameow Fri, Jan-02-04 20:16

FRENCH FRIES!!!!
Pizza, egg rolls, and bread.. all kinds
My thing is, Im a potato and bread person..
Oh well, I know I wont miss the weight any!

Dahlia

Dean4Prez Fri, Jan-02-04 20:51

Convenience, mostly. It's hard to do this WOL without a good bit of planning, and planning's never been one of my strong suits. Since my wife isn't eating low-carb, we have to shop/cook for two diets, not one. That, or each get our own dinner -- but then there are twice as many pans to wash.

enna1477 Fri, Jan-02-04 21:21

Of all the fine things I have eaten in this life - inexplicably, I miss tostados from Taco Bell. UMmmm....I can close my eyes and feel the crunch of the corn shell, the frijoles smeared on my upper lip and the green sauce running down my chin.

LoveSong Fri, Jan-02-04 21:48

What I miss most: (in order)

1. Bread
2. Bread
3. Bread
4. Bread
5. Milk

~Debbie~LoveSong~ ;)