Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   advise please!!?? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=91046)

bree Fri, Mar-07-03 10:48

advise PLEASE??!!

I am now 1 week into induction and I feel as if I gained weight!! I always ate low-fat foods before and I am wondering if this is my body reacting to the high fat?? I am not overweight, per say, but I am getting married and would like to look perfect for the wedding which is this summer. I have not weighed myself this week, but when I look at myself I feel fatter and my clothes seem to be getting tighter. PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVISE as to what is happening here, before I go back to my low-fat living. I truely believe in this diet...maybe im just being impatient.

Do you think I maybe need to do some more cardio?? I have been slacking this week, as I am adjusting to this new eating plan, but plan to get back into my 4-5 days of working out.

Have a great day all :)

Bree

Alina Fri, Mar-07-03 10:54

Hi,

yes, your body could react like this while you switch from lowfat to just the opposite! These are quite big changes for you...accept it. It can also be retained water if you eat too much salt or drink too little water. Since I don't know you typical menue I can't help you more than say: stick to the Induction, go on, it will all rebalance itself.

Alina

Crimson Fri, Mar-07-03 10:58

Hi Bree.

You should post what you're eating.. it does help when giving advice ;)

When I first started atkins I felt bloated for a few days... I think it may have been that I wasn't used to the amount of water I was consuming. But it didn't last long, and I started to notice a difference in my clothes right away. I actually lost my behind, which wasn't much to begin with :rolleyes: :lol: but over all I've been thrilled with the results. Just hang in there and you'll be a believer in no time!

Lolli-J Fri, Mar-07-03 11:01

Hi Bree

We need some more info!

Are you POSITIVE that you are following induction correctly? Are you eating what's on the list, and NOTHING else?

Are you drinking AT LEAST 64 oz of water per day?

Are you using Fitday.com and attaining the 65/5/30 ratio?

Just a few things to consider.

Lolli

lkonzelman Fri, Mar-07-03 11:22

There are lots of symptoms associted with carb detoxing.... bloating, headaches, nausea, generally weak.

Give it the two weeks and see how good you feel.

And if you are really eating till you are full and eating low carb and eating your 2-3 cups of veggies - you won't gain weight.

And once your body is cleaned out - you won't feel bloated again.

bree Fri, Mar-07-03 11:36

ok, i have signed up with Fitday, can you tell me how I can show you all what I ate yesterday, and you can give me some advise?

Lolli-J Fri, Mar-07-03 11:49

Hi Bree

I'm not sure how to post your fitday stats here. If someone else doesn't answer, try the fitday sticky at the top of the newbie forum. Maybe you'll find the answer there. I know a link can be created.

Once we get a look at it, we'd be happy to give you some advice!

Lolli

bree Fri, Mar-07-03 12:39

how do i post my fitday journal so you can all see it??

bree Fri, Mar-07-03 12:45

figured it out!! YAY

here you go...

look at yesterdays, as that is the only full day I have filled out.

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/Public...=briannehleucka

Thanks

Bree

MaineDaddy Fri, Mar-07-03 12:55

Bree you can do it

Bree as a former runner my first thought was to start doing tons of cardio in the begining. The more research I do though the more I see that weight training will gige you more bang for your effort. Currently I am doing both but if I had to choose one for weight loss it would be the weight training. The main reason for this is simple the more muscle you have the more fat you will burn...all the time. So if you add muscle you will be burning more fat 24-7. I was never into lifting...ever, but now I see what it can do. I have been weight training for the last six weeks and I see a big diference. I have lost weight in this time as well as built some visable muscle...and who does'nt want that? Not to say that I am bulking up because I am not but I am seeing definition where I used to see nothing.

I still like the cardio but I am using the weights as a fat burning tool. I will probably just run when I reach my goal weight but for now you could'nt get me away from the weights.

Good luck and stich with it and you will look great on your wedding day!

Congratulations as well!!!

Lolli-J Fri, Mar-07-03 13:19

Hi Bree

Am I reading that wrong or did you eat less than 500 calories yesterday????

If that's all you ate, you're not losing weight because you are starving yourself! Your body needs 1200 calories a day just to LIVE! If you aren't eating that, your body holds on to what you have.

The general rule is to eat 10 x your weight in calories. Some say your current weight, some say your goal weight. I stick to the middle ground and that works for me.

You also want to acheive a ratio of about 5% carbs, 65% fat and 35% protein. You can deduct your fibre carbs from your total carbs. During induction you should be getting just under 20 carbs per day.

Remeber, only eat what is on the list, and drink your water! These are a must!

GO EAT!

Lolli

lkonzelman Fri, Mar-07-03 13:32

My biggest issue is your lack of veggies. Natural vitamins and fiber are crucial to feeling good and flushing the weight away.

You need to read the book again (at least the induction chapter) and see this list of acceptable foods and eat healthy. PLEASE!

Lolli-J Fri, Mar-07-03 13:38

Thanks Lisa

I totally forgot about mentioning the healthy foods!

Lolli

bree Fri, Mar-07-03 13:46

no the foods was from today....look back to yesterday and you will see what I ate yesterday....

Thanks

lkonzelman Fri, Mar-07-03 13:48

That was exactly what I was referring to....