Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   hi all !! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=19165)

JoJo Thu, Sep-06-01 11:22

hi all !!

I am new to this, just saw Vivica A. Fox on Regis and Kelly and she was saying she used this plane to lose weight, so I thought I would check into what it all entails.....I would like to find out where I can get a list of what not to eat, can someone help me with that?...

Very much appreciated!! Joanne:)

Linnea Thu, Sep-06-01 11:40

Welcome, JoJo!

You have come to the right place for answers and support.

Have you decided on some books to read? That is a great place to start. I started with Atkins, and it has worked great for me. Next I think I am going to read Protein Power. Variety is the spice of life. There is also the Carbohydrate Addicts Diet.

Pick one up and have a read through. Once you find the one you want to go with, you will find that you are always referring back to it. The pages are starting to fall out of my Atkins book.

Good luck and let us know how you are doing!

ADNIL Thu, Sep-06-01 12:29

Welcome

Hi jojo
nice to see you im in my 3rd week on the attkins diet i highly recommend it ,personally i've had a great start 17lbs to date i bought the book and its fantastic .
Mind you you cant go wrong in this place everyone is so supportive good luck and i hope you can have the same successes i have done.

Linda= adniL;)

JoJo Thu, Sep-06-01 13:29

thanx for the hello

hi there again,
I am so glad you have sent me a message.
Please can you tell me what the little icecream or egg things mean?
JoJo

shadntrish Thu, Sep-06-01 14:41

Hi! Basically what I've eaten to lose 70 pounds is simple: all meats, eggs, cheeses, real butter, sour cream, ranch dressing, broccoli, peanuts, double cheeseburgers without the buns, sausage, bacon, salami, slim jims, real whipping cream, sugar-free jello, sugar-free fudge bars (frozen), sugar-free jello, deviled eggs, potato SKINS (with as much potato scraped out of them as you possibly can - these are my favorites!!!), Carbo-Lite Chocolate Crunch candy bars....what you can't eat? Anything that is white, soft, or sweet, basically. No potatos, pasta, breads, or sugars. What's nice about this diet is that you can eat MCDonalds or just about any fast food with moderation. Good Luck!!!

ADNIL Thu, Sep-06-01 14:53

EGGS AND THINGS?

WELL JOJO I HAVE ONLY BEEN IN THREEWEEKS ,BUT I THINK IT RELATES TO THE NUMBER OF POSTS YOU SEND OUT ,MAYBE IM WRONG,SOMEONE WILL LET YOU KNOW OK .

LINDA:)

td2227 Thu, Sep-06-01 20:42

I found yesterday, that if you point your mouse to the icecreams and steak things a chart comes up to tell you what this means. It refers to the amount of postings the person has done.

What i would like to know is how people get their photo up there, is it though the profile section?

Tracie

tamarian Thu, Sep-06-01 20:49

You got it all right Tracie :)

It's in the profile/options/vatar or custom avatar.

Wa'il

tamarian Thu, Sep-06-01 20:50

But it's not ice cream, it's an egg :) Hmm, I think I should look for a better egg. :)

Wa'il

td2227 Thu, Sep-06-01 20:53

No, it really does look like an egg, I dont know where I got ice-cream from!!!!:)

tamarian Thu, Sep-06-01 20:57

Great! You saved me some work :)

Wa'il

JoJo Thu, Sep-06-01 23:18

eggs??...LOL

by gosh it is an egg....LOL
I thought it looked like an icecream cone....hehehehe:D

tamarian Thu, Sep-06-01 23:21

Re: eggs??...LOL

Quote:
Originally posted by JoJo
by gosh it is an egg....LOL
I thought it looked like an icecream cone....hehehehe:D

Now why would we, as a low carb support forum, give new members ice cream? LOL :)

Wa'il

JoJo Thu, Sep-06-01 23:36

too funny

LMAO...too funny girl....no doubt eh!:)

ADNIL Fri, Sep-07-01 06:55

I WAS RIGHT THANX FOR LETTING US KNOW;)

LINDA:thup: