Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   How long did your week 3 stall last? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=184092)

fantabulus Wed, May-12-04 13:30

How long did your week 3 stall last?

So I have come to the realization that this stall is indeed the infamous week 3 stall. If you have hit one of these in your time on Atkins, how long did it last? I will be plugging on hope its not to long.

pha1226 Wed, May-12-04 14:04

Mine hit in week 5 and lasted 3 weeks.

LCanita Wed, May-12-04 14:12

Week three, three weeks.

blatla Wed, May-12-04 15:09

Mine lasted 4 weeks.

4beans4me Wed, May-12-04 15:14

I stalled for 2 weeks after I finished induction.

Lipid Wed, May-12-04 15:22

Mine has hit after the first 3 weeks....I have been on this since April 8th and all my 13 pound loss was in the first 3 weeks and nothing since...so if I show no loss tomorrow then its been 2 whole weeks with no loss.

CindyG Wed, May-12-04 16:04

week 3 followed by 3 week stall. But I've been losing steadily ever since :)

arkie Wed, May-12-04 17:31

week 3, stalled for 2 weeks but started OWL then too. I believe firmly that moving to OWL helped me to start losing again.

blue4lemon Wed, May-12-04 18:13

I'm still in it, and entered my stall 3 weeks ago.

Kaillean Wed, May-12-04 23:58

I stalled mid week 2, actually gaining back .5 lb in the last few days of Induction (for a total 12.5 lb loss). Week 3, I lost nothing, then right at the end of week 4 I dropped 4.5 lbs.

Granadino Thu, May-13-04 00:23

third week stall curse

I am just in it... Started my 3d week on monday... after losing 10 pounds the first week and 2.6 the second one. This week I haven't lost anything and I am all the time a pound up a pound down.

I am not getting frustrated yet, I keep following atkins by the book and keep doing my 20km biking every day... the only upseting thing is that I have 10 weeks left to reach my first mini goal to weight 194 for a weekend escapade with the whole family of my DH (I have a deal with DH, if I reach my mini goal he gives me 125 euros to buy anything cute I like for the weekend, and if I lose more will increase it by 10% every 2 pounds!) Yes, I manage the budget at home but I always feel guilty to buy silly girlie things, and this is my chance ;)

I hope my stall doesn't last too long, though the mini goal seems reachable yet anyway.

DaddioM Thu, May-13-04 00:42

I stalled for 1.5wks...but you know what, my body began to change shape during the stall,

Granadino... if you haven't measured, measure. Waist, hips, belly button, butt, some people add thighs and arms.

Keep to the program, 30lbs in 13wks is pretty agressive...I'd let DH know we think the reward should be for something more realistic like 22lbs....re-negotiate that contract!!

Patience pays off....How long did it take you to put on those 30lbs? Just don't get frustrated, because if you're doing the right things, it will happen.

Onnix Thu, May-13-04 05:24

I stalled at week 8 for about 2 and a half weeks. I made myself crazy stepping on the scale every day at that point. When I finally hit the next 2.5 whoosh I promised myself I'd only step on the scale once a week. I haven't been disappointed since.

LucyLucy Thu, May-13-04 08:38

I hit my first stall at week 5 and still haven't lost a pound 3 weeks later, but I'm just going to keep exercising, eating right, the scale will eventually move down, but it IS very frustrating, I know this is a lifetime thing and I just need to be patient.

LL :)