Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Fell Off Wagon Today (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=11072)

need2burn Wed, Jul-04-01 09:38

Fell Off Wagon Today

Well..I am on the first week of me 2nd month LC WOE. Me weight stalled at 161lbs during and after me period and I kinda try stick to Induction 14g instead of 20g. What i eat consists mainly....beef patty or fresh beef plus chicken or fish, eggs..half cup spinach or kale...20g of spirulina(everyday) and a bite of fruit ( mainly papaya sumtimes mango-( if i still haf the carb allowance) . Lotsa plain water...a mug of instant coffee twice a week. I kicked off sugar and cream, flours and cereals all together.

I dont really crave for anythin coz when i was on the LFLcal diet i dont really eat anythin that much either but the crave for fruits is almost deadly as i been munchin those all me life and lotsa veg too( i managed to control that too fa the past 1 month).

WHAT HAPPENED? I started me low impact muscle tonin aerobics and realised i was perspirin so profusely..like i am drenched soaked in the rain..head and body...not at me legs tho. Okay give that 20 minutes I stopped coz am sweatin too much and thawt me body might get kinda shocked and I intend increase the duration as i go. I didnt rest abruptly layin down or sittin down..but housework kept me movin...I AM SWEATIN REALLY SWEATIN and i went like huh? coz i dont sweat like that. When I sat down it kinda cools down...boy...I start sweatin again the moment i took like 20 steps around the house. IS THIS NORMAL??
I drank alot of water so afraid i may get dehydrated..*giggles*
OK..toward evenin I felt a little headache and fatique..I kept on eatin sumore beef patty and chicken , cheese..cucumbers..even a bite of banana the headache didnt go,,,my hunger is not in me tummy but in me brain..i read sumwhere in this site that sumone had increase the carb as he is feelin the same...i saw a doughnut...(EEEEKK!!) I actually ate that and me headcahe gone almost instantaneously...
I cant go on like this..I hafta be on 20g at least. I am so sad today.:( :( :(

Tamara Wed, Jul-04-01 12:04

Need2Burn,

Can you tell me the steps to getting your picture?

Thanks,
Tamara

need2burn Wed, Jul-04-01 13:19

Ya mean that evil dragon?

Hi Tamara..

I haf that horny pic saved in me harddrive...

T'is how i get it here..
on edit profile..hit edit option..then hit avatar...right below the page theres an option fa ya to upload pics from ya harddrive. If ya wanna save any pic from anywhere on the net even that dragon...right click ya mouse and `save image as' at a folder in ya hardrive make sure the pixels at 100 X 100 or smaller tho..that way ya can upload it as avatar here..

Hope that helps??;)

Tamara Wed, Jul-04-01 14:02

Thank you so much. Love your accent!!!!!!!

Karen Wed, Jul-04-01 17:02

Hi n2b,

I'm no expert on excercise with LC, but it sounds like you're hurting. The good folks in the CKD forum may be able to give you some advice about the sweating and the headache.

Is there any reason why you have to stick with 20 grams a day?

Quote:
my hunger is not in me tummy but in me brain..

I hear you loud and clear on that one. That's where all my cravings are too. :eek:

Karen

shelley Thu, Jul-05-01 07:38

If you have headaches you need potasium and you need to drink more water. You can find potasium in No Salt , salt substitute.

need2burn Thu, Jul-05-01 08:58

Why 20g..??

Tamara..its me pleasure..glad that help..Wa'il is actually the expert here lol!;)

Actually Karen I am really tryin keep it close to 14g...and 20g my maximum budget. I dont actually know how much carb my body can tolerate in order fa me to keep loosin weight....and I am phobiac on every stalls and plateaus...been there and dont wanna get there again. I dont haf the atkins book or protein power but i do read articles on this site and atkins site...and theres sumtim that goes like` If you wanna loose weight keepin the carb close to zero is advisable on induction..and 20g after induction ( well at least thats how i interpreted it :D ) I really did planned to increase me carb but grrrr.. the stall stopped me.

I dont really do workouts or heavy excercises but just sum excercise to keep me methabolic goin and that was advised too .... think i still need to learn more about CDK....frankly me dear, i dont haf a clue whats that all about...and am gonna go thr the posts in that category.

And Shelly...thanks..I will check on me potasium and drink even more water. I be visitin the rest room even more..lolol. I do take lots grilled deep sea fish specially sea bass...and eggs,,.like almost everyday. They do contain lotsa potasium? I usually consume more then a cup of fish and every cup contains like 429mg but i really do not know how much is recommended tho. Any Idea?

I am also still puzzle the way i perspire ..I still do perpire that way. Does perspiration relate to ketosis ( dunno if i put that rite:confused: ) I am glad today I didnt get the headache or feel fatique..hope it stays that way....coz i dont wanna gobble another doughnut :D.

Thanks y'all fa the response...huggles. I really need all the support
:)

Karen Thu, Jul-05-01 10:07

Hi n2b,

Quote:
Actually Karen I am really tryin keep it close to 14g...and 20g my maximum budget. I dont actually know how much carb my body can tolerate in order fa me to keep loosin weight....and I am phobiac on every stalls and plateaus...been there and dont wanna get there again. I dont haf the atkins book or protein power but i do read articles on this site and atkins site...and theres sumtim that goes like` If you wanna loose weight keepin the carb close to zero is advisable on induction..and 20g after induction ( well at least thats how i interpreted it ) I really did planned to increase me carb but grrrr.. the stall stopped me.

RELAX! If you keep doing the same thing and nothing is changing, you should consider a different approach. It's for life. You've got the time!

I don't know what you're eating, but you may not be taking in enough calories and your body is in starvation mode, hanging on to fat because it thinks a famine is coming. Post what you eat on a daily basis in the Journal section. This forum can give you support and guidance with doing well, not only when you're bummed out.

You could be sweating because you live in .... Malaysia? ;)

Karen