Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   is it possible i just can't handle carbs? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=181029)

blue4lemon Tue, Apr-27-04 11:41

is it possible i just can't handle carbs?

I posted today that I'd put myself on OWL at 20g...but I was at my boyfriend's over the weekend til tloday, no scales there. I survived on Low Carb bars and yogurt mixed with Atkins cereal, and eggs. I kept my carb count at 18g the first day, but last night I hit 25 carbs. I came home today to find I gained half a lb. Some of you may know I picked up the yogurt habit from the Go-Diet/4 Corners Diet, and I believe their yogurt experiements. It causes no rise/fall in my blood sugar. But maybe I am wrong. I don't know if that's why I have stalled for over a week? Another thing I am wondering is, maybe my ACE/CCLL is between 15g and 20g. I was on 20g for a while and didn't lose til I lowered it to 12g-15g. I do find that on 20g I can eat more veggies and things that you add in for OWL, and I could live with 20g daily for life. I just can't LOSE at 20g, and above it, I obviously GAIN (I found this out before I was eating the yogurt, by the way). Anyone think as long as I get enough veggies/fiber/nutrients, that I shouldn't be able to drop down to 10-12g for induction, and slowly move back up to 20g for lifetime maintanence?

Elsah Tue, Apr-27-04 11:44

I would venture to say your lack of whole foods is your problem going by your post.

Jenn

blue4lemon Tue, Apr-27-04 11:46

It is possible. I will try going back to basics this week, but I still want to lower my carbs.

Elsah Tue, Apr-27-04 11:48

There are a lot of studies saying that you do in fact get the carbs or at least a good part of them with the sugar alcohols. Considering how much they have you subtracting for those you could be having some major carbs going on. Someone had a really good article on it posted but I am not sure where it is. If you get the majority of your carbs from veggies you might see a difference.

Jenn

blue4lemon Tue, Apr-27-04 11:51

Elsah, I think you're right. But I have already eaten a Low Carb Pria bar (says net 2g) and some yogurt.

:( :( :( :( :(

Elsah Tue, Apr-27-04 11:52

I wouldn't stress. :) Just choose better when the next meal comes around.

Jenn

Justjen72 Tue, Apr-27-04 11:59

I agree with the others. It might not be as low as you are thinking. I have found that the bars which say 22 grams but only 2 net carbs, act like 22 grams when I eat them. They really mess me up. :(

blue4lemon Tue, Apr-27-04 11:59

You know what....I think it is those damn Pria bars. I have noticed my blood sugar has been f**ked all weekend. I am taking the rest back to the store.