Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   CAD/CALP (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Finally reaching agreement with my body! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=73900)

BrightSky8 Wed, Dec-04-02 14:43

Finally reaching agreement with my body!

How many of you feel that with CAD/CALP you FINALLY begin to understand your body? especially control it. Although I am very new to this way of life (2 or 3 weeks), I can definetely say that I've found a way to compromise with my cravings! I'll admit though--my RM meals dont always include a salad, and sometimes I do tend to have more carbs than anything else--but my body is responding well! Ever since I started CAD..I only eat twice a day--and I dont even get hungry. Now before CAD..I was the type that would eat and crave all day. I'd eat because ..darn it the food was there! and it looked great! But now..I can't believe that I CAN control my eating habits..and only eat twice a day..and of course have a CM snack or a small bowl of free sugar jello when I tend to fall off the wagon =)

anyway just wanted to share my excitement!

=)

skyspinner Wed, Dec-04-02 15:07

:wave: :thup:

From one Sky to another, I am SO happy for you!!! This is the somewhat unexpected bonus we get when we get on the right plan at last. And it just gets better, believe me!

Take care now, you hear? :lol:

Zuleikaa Wed, Dec-04-02 15:30

That's what it is about. Finding the WOE that is right for your body chemistry and listening to your body.

That way, when it is right, it is right. You know it and can actually feel it.

Welcome to the Way!!! :thup: Keep listening!!! :)

JudyTrue Thu, Dec-05-02 14:37

Hi BrightSky!

You're singing my song and I agree with you completely. For the first time in my life I, too, am in control of cravings. Doesn't it feel great?!

It's my opinion that this WOE is more about listening to, and getting to know, your body and what works for you than trying to follow every itsy bitsy rule perfectly every day.

You're doing a great job!!

JudyTrue Thu, Dec-05-02 14:38

BrightSky:

I just noticed your stats! Did you lose 10# in three weeks and hit your goal???

WOOOHOOO!!!

BrightSky8 Thu, Dec-05-02 14:50

I did! Well I lost the 10 pounds while on Atkins Induction. But it was too strict, and the program, although successful for many, it wasn't for me. I needed something to maintain my weight! And CAD was definetely the answer! I am sure that if I would've continued on Atkins..I would've gone..crazy! I'm just a carb-addict that's all! a controlled one now of course ;)

JudyTrue Thu, Dec-05-02 16:24

WAY TO GO, VANESSA!! :cheer:

You should be VERY proud of yourself, and I agree with you that CAD/CALP would be a very good maintenance plan. It seems to me that the plan could be tweaked in a million different ways to suit your body.

I am really very pleased for you! You go, girl!!