Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Reesce's Peanut Butter CupS!!!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=208106)

Vydor Tue, Sep-07-04 15:43

Reesce's Peanut Butter CupS!!!!

I have heard the rumors, the stories, the backroom wispers, but I never saw any proof till today! Reesce's put out 1/2 gram carb per cup peanutbutter cups!

Nutrtion Facts (per 2 cups aka per package):

Calories 160
Total Carb 17g
Fiber 9g
Sugar Alchohols 6g

Ingredents:

Peanuts,Erythritol, Cellulose gel, Chocolate, Inulin(fiber), Cocoa Butter, Polygycitol Syurp,Milk; Contians less then 2% of Salt, Soy Lecithin and PGPR Emulsifiers, Glyercin, Suralose,Vanillin, Artifical Flaovr, TBHQ and Acesulfame Potassium

Found them for $1.19 a package at CVS...

BabyDoll77 Tue, Sep-07-04 16:25

Hi Vydor...

My husband saw them in the supermarket over the weekend and tried them. He said they were really great. I have yet to taste them..(scared I will get the craving back for candy). Hopefully there aren't any hidden carbs in them. It's hard to trust a lot of these companies when they claim that LC candies are actually LC.

Ana

shoer Tue, Sep-07-04 17:39

I make my own--get a spoonfull of low-carb peanut butter. Stick a chunk of low-carb chocolate bar in it and voila! A peanut-butter cup!

blue4lemon Tue, Sep-07-04 19:15

i love the new low carb reese's...i only buy them when i go to target, because that's the only place i have ever seen them. but i always buy a few packages.

binki Tue, Sep-07-04 20:45

I tried them tonight and they're doggone good.
I think I'll write to the company and beg for a sugar-free Fast Break bar. On the other hand, Fast Break bars are kind of what got me into this in the first place, so maybe it's better if they remain off limits!

Vydor Tue, Sep-07-04 21:08

Yep I bougt 3 from CVS, ate one package and gave the other to my wife.. next time I think I will keep themi n the fridge they seem to melt easier then the real thing.

potatofree Tue, Sep-07-04 21:22

I wondered what could be in them that gives me the same nasty stomach that maltitol does... so I googled "polyglycitol syrup". Suprise!!! It's pretty much the same thing. I'll be walking right past them from now on. (Stepping QUICKER tonight, thanks to the sugar alcohol suprise :D )

rloveman Tue, Sep-07-04 22:05

Potatofree, that's great to know! I'll be avoiding them, too, and stick with the occasional Z-Carb bar with some peanut butter on it.

GrooveJock Wed, Sep-08-04 04:34

I love all of the One Carb products (Herseys, Reeces) but I too am sinsitive to Malit-hell. One every now and them does not hurt though..

caligrrl Wed, Sep-08-04 09:43

Z-Carb now makes peanut butter cups too... but without the nasty polyglycitol syrups!

nfb02001 Wed, Sep-08-04 09:46

I'm glad that someone posted about the stomach problems... I'd like to try these, but I've had stomach problems with other low carb candies... not something I'd like to repeat!

twistermom Wed, Sep-08-04 09:46

I like the z-carb chocolate candy bar with peanut butter filling. Tastes like the fundraiser candy that kids sell! YUMMY!

Dawna Wed, Sep-08-04 10:53

My hidden carb radar went on alert status when I read the nutritional info. I'm wondering if these really have one carb and not 10 per package.

Inulin (fiber) is listed as 9 grams.

Is this fiber that has been added to the chocolate so that we see the 9 g and automatically subtract it for our net carb count? If it is, then it cannot be subtracted from the total carb count. Only fiber that is inherent to the food can be deducted for a net carb count.

If the fiber ALL cames from the peanuts, then we're fine. If it's been added to fool us, then it's one of those too good to be true scenarios.

twistermom Wed, Sep-08-04 10:58

It doesn't taste like the fake sweet peanut butter. So maybe it is all from the peanuts. JMO.

iwill Wed, Sep-08-04 11:00

Sounds wonderful, but it's probably best that I don't find out for sure! :-)