Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Sick of eggs!!!! But I love this way of eating (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=58981)

Sandylee Sun, Sep-01-02 11:05

Sick of eggs!!!! But I love this way of eating

I am very happy with the Atkins diet in general. Breakfast is getting to be a problem. I feel like I don't want to even look at another egg as long as I live. Lately I have just been eating dinner leftovers for breakfast. Anyone else tired of eggs?

Lisa N Sun, Sep-01-02 14:40

Hi Sandy!

Sounds like you've already discovered my solution to the "I can't bear to look at another egg" problem. Eat leftover meat from the night before! I also make my own version of Flax-O-Meal and frequently eat that with a little cheese or leftover meat. I also just discovered a recipe for flax cakes (supposed to be similar to pancakes) that I'm going to have a go at tomorrow for breakfast. I'll let everyone know what I think and post the recipe if they're any good.

agonycat Sun, Sep-01-02 14:52

I don't eat enough eggs to get tired of them :)

Variety is the spice of life after all.

sandy98506 Sun, Sep-01-02 18:48

eggs

Ho Humm...I too was sick of eggs, then I discovered Adkins Pancake & Waffle Mix, Adkins Blueberry Muffin Mix and Adkins Orange/Cranberry Muffin Mix. NOOO, not made with (YUK) soy flour, it's made with Hi-Maize flour, something new and WOW, now I can have a muffin for breakfast and only 3 crbs....less for me cause I make them smaller than the recipe call for. This Hi-Maise thing is the greatest....they make bread too, but it is from Austrailia and I haven't yet figured out how to get it.........tryweb site for Hi-Maize and see what you get. Anyway, there is breakfast beyond eggs....good luck, and keep focused. sandy :wave:

vivi621 Mon, Sep-02-02 17:54

sandylee, I am with sandy 80506,

she is right I too make the pancakes and the muffins, I have ordered the bagles from atkins and awaiting there arrival.. first thing i will do is toast on and have a whole lot of butter and they I will reply back and tell you how they are.. one catch from atkins though they are supper expensive 16.99 for twelve or eighteen i can't remember.. but I will tell you if they are worth it.

regards
vivian :wave:

sandy98506 Mon, Sep-02-02 20:33

muffins, etc

sandylee....Adkins bagels? Never heard of them. Don't care what they cost, where do I get them? Sound wonderful. I just made a loaf of Adkins orange/cranberry loaf bread and plan on having (gasp) toast for breakfast. Maybe even french toast. Now about those bagels?

sandy98506 Mon, Sep-02-02 20:36

bagels

sorry Viv621...thought that last one about the bagels was from sandylee. anyway, love to find out where to get them...s

Tanyaskees Mon, Sep-02-02 20:41

You canorder them from www.atkinscenter.com . Go to the shopping section. Let me know how they are, i have never tried them. :wave:

bdeeley Tue, Sep-03-02 00:34

It's so easy to get sick of eggs when LCing...here's a couple more suggestions:

+ Atkins Blueberry Muffin Mix...someone already mentioned this, but worth repeating...these are surprisingly good and easy to make...I mix things up by making the scone and loaf versions...and check Trader Joes in your area...in my area they stock the blueberry at $3.99 a box, so you can stock up.

+ Eggs...ok, so you're sick of eggs...but I find it easier if you mix up the routine...poached one day (get one of those cheap microwave poachers!...they make a little mess sometimes, but they're fast)...scrambled/omlette style other days...but my favorite routine breaker is the "mock danish" recipe found here...this is great because it's more of a sweet taste than the typical salty eggs...the recipe is easy and forgiving enough to experiment with different flavors...I often make it without the lemon and top with SF maple syrup for something even different.

+ Keto Cocoa Crisp Cereal...you have to be a little more careful with these because milk has carbs...I take a measuring cup and pour 1/3 cream, 1/3 whole milk and 1/3 ice water, stir and pour over my cereal...adjust to suit your taste, but the whole thing incl cereal is about 10-12 carbs...probably to many carbs for induction, but great for OWL...

Brian

ccmarketer Tue, Sep-03-02 07:51

Not a big egg eater either...

If you can get chorizo, it's a light tasting Mexican sausage used a lot around here (S. Texas). It's great tasting and definitely masks the egg taste. Just throw in a hunk of chorizo smoosh it up like ground beef and add in eggs and scramble. Yum! :p

I just found out that our local grocery store.... drum roll....
carries La Tortilla low carb tortillas now. Throw some chorizo eggs in one of those - taquito!

I'm really starting to see alot more low carb products come out lately. Now if they'd just make chocolate sugar free pudding in single serving sizes- I'd be in heaven.

cc

vivi621 Tue, Sep-03-02 09:01

Re: bagels

Quote:
Originally posted by sandy98506
sorry Viv621...thought that last one about the bagels was from sandylee. anyway, love to find out where to get them...s

Hey not a problem, but I WILL post to tell you how they are.. You might want to order a few items cause the shipping is the same price whether you buy one item or two or even six so go for it.. I am sure you will enjoy his products I do.. and the endulge bars are really frightning they are wonderful.. you may want to consider those cause on bar is 1.49 at the store and the case of 36 is 16.49.. you do see a bargan on his site.. enjoy.. sorry I forgot to post the we link.....thanks tanya your the best/..

regards

Vivian :wave:

Sandylee Tue, Sep-03-02 19:09

What fantastic responses!!! Wow, thank you. The consensus seems to be the Atkins blueberry muffin mix. That will be the next thing on my shopping list! How many do you eat, so that it is a filling breakfast? Or do you also have a hard boiled egg or something with it? I just hope I don't eat the whole recipe in one sitting :)

I do like the Mock Danish but with one egg it's not that filling. The 3 egg omelettes really are filling but I was getting tired of them. If I can alternate with muffins that will be great!

Any other ideas?

tracilynn Tue, Sep-03-02 20:48

Atkins choc shake

Hi ,Sandylee the premaid Atkins choc shake is really good for breakfast ,then Ill usually have a early morning snack such as summer sausage and cream cheese its so good and really easy to grab.last nite my friend made the banana nut muffins (atkins )and they were really good ..................good luck :roll: :roll: :roll:

quilltr Thu, Sep-05-02 17:58

O So Lo Peanut Butter Muffins and Cheeters Cinnamon Raisin Bread are also a great change from eggs for breakfast. You can also make Cinnamon Raisin Bread pudding from the bread.

Lisa

bolotex Sat, Sep-07-02 14:33

Hello to another "egg gagger." I can only take them on a regular basis as egg salad (with lots of mayonnaise and mustard) or egg custard.

Have you tried the Expert Foods site. They have all sorts of "additives" made from vegetable gums and/or egg whites that will let you make cake, pancakes, breads, etc. I've stocked up on them, but haven't been able to stay in the kitchen long enough to try them. They're not only for LCers, but for people like me with lots of food sensitivities.

They may give you the breakfast variety you long for. Good luck! Congrats on your marvelous weight loss. I'm still on the other side of the mountain ... and backsliding fast.

"Sam"