Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   ediets (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=101461)

GNCLCGirl Sun, Apr-27-03 13:45

ediets

Has anyone here signed up for the new ediets program with the Atkins diet? I did and thiNK i WILL CANCEL . i DON'T LIKE THE MEAL PLANS AND ITS NOT WORTH THE MONEY. BUT I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR OTHER OPINIONS

MsJinx Sun, Apr-27-03 14:21

I think it would be great if you're really at a loss for what kind of meals to make during induction (or probably other phases, too). If you tend to eat a bunch of non-nutritious junk and want help to change that, then it would be a good idea. I like it because you can choose lighter meals - I'm not that great at coming up with stuff. It's nice to have the acceptable meals at your fingertips when you just don't have the time or energy to make induction interesting on your own. It's helps me come up with stuff to serve others, too.

That being said, I will not renew in June. I am printing out my recipes and meal plans. I don't like the boards over there and I find much better assistance on these boards from people who actually DO this lifestyle and don't use cuecards to try to answer questions when you call or write. Some of the snippy answers people have gotten from staff are insane.

That's my opinion. :)
Jinx

MaryToU Sun, Apr-27-03 14:34

I did want to pay money to an online diet company. Why? I can always lie to them about my weigh in if I have to. At least with weight watchers someone else was putting the pressure on me to step on the scale! And that was the only real reason I went to weight watches, use to cheat a lot, then the pressure was on to loss weight before they weighted me again :p .

What I love about this way of eating is that I can so easily do it by myself. No weight and measureing everything, and it is easier to count carbs than points. Out of two months of Atkins, I only went off plan once! And while that was bad, it wasn't that bad. :D

For support I come here (never talked in the meetings anyway, hung out way in the back) this place is great! And all this is yours for free!!!!!! :thup:

So if you feel like sending someone your money to help you on this WOL feel free to send it to me :D The vitamins are killing me.

MaryToU Sun, Apr-27-03 15:04

I need to learn to read things thru before I sumit it! I meant to say I didn't want to pay money to an online diet company. ;)

GNCLCGirl Sun, Apr-27-03 19:19

thanks for your input. I love these boards they are my favorite of any subject :thup:

2berners Mon, Apr-28-03 10:13

Why pay for recipes and meal plans when you can prowl journals here and get ideas that are tailored to your WOE? Plus an exercise forum. Plus everyone's nice.

orzabelle Mon, Apr-28-03 12:41

I would cancel, too! I should have before, when I tried the 9 weeks for $45. I think it is a big waste! The 'recipes' are really uninspired, and I would never, when going out for lunch, go to White Castle or Wendy's (I live in NY, and there are so many better, healthier options!). Also, I think having Lean Cuisines on a regular basis must be pretty bad for you!

The bottom line is that once I found lowcarber, I thought to myself 'now this is something I would pay for' but don't have to! Everything I hoped e-diets would be is here instead... And fitday is way more comprehensive than their journals.