Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Comments Box and Technical Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Progress percentage icon (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=18737)

tamarian Mon, Sep-03-01 09:00

Progress percentage icon

Hi folks,

This is the first attempt to find and decent way to indicate progress indicator/awards as Mary (Oten) suggested.

To get the percentage appear in this little graphic chart, simply update your profile (even if it's up to date) and save it.

Wa'il

r.mines Mon, Sep-03-01 09:06

Oh, cool, what fun! I'm gonna do it right now! Thanks again, Wa'il, what a guy!

Rachel

tamarian Mon, Sep-03-01 09:10

Wow Rachel, we're both at 65% of goal! :)

Wa'il

doreen T Mon, Sep-03-01 09:11

Kewl .. :cool:

I wondered how it would work, when I first saw the blank scales. This is also an excellent motivator to keep the profile updated. More than just the weight may change ... some folks might have switched low-carb programs, or they might have read more low-carb books to add to their list.

Doreen

Natrushka Mon, Sep-03-01 09:25

Neat!

Ok, this percentage icon thingie (such a great technical term ;) ) I like. Very kewl!

Nat

Karen Mon, Sep-03-01 10:03

As usual Wa'il, YOU'RE A GENIUS!!!! :D

Karen

Norma June Mon, Sep-03-01 16:05

Kewl Wa'il ... really neat, thanks. Now can you please explain to me what the pork chops or chicken legs mean? I see chicken legs beside my name ... like duh! :D

tamarian Mon, Sep-03-01 16:27

Hi Norma,

Just click on them, and you'll see ;)

And more details on how it came about are also discussed here in the comment box forum.

Wa'il

Natrushka Mon, Sep-03-01 18:34

I gotta say......

I like this "name in lights" thing. Quite spectacular!

Nat

tamarian Mon, Sep-03-01 18:57

So, which one of these is better?

1. <font face="verdana,arial,helvetica" size="2" >
<div style="width:100%; font-size:12pt; color:white; filter:Glow(color=orange, strength=4)">User Name</div></font>

2. <font face="verdana,arial,helvetica" size="2" >
<div style="width:100%; font-size:12pt; color:white; filter:Glow(color=red, strength=4)">User Name</div></font>

3. <font face="verdana,arial,helvetica" size="2" >
<div style="width:100%; font-size:12pt; color:white; filter:Glow(color=black, strength=4)">User Name</div></font>

4. <font face="verdana,arial,helvetica" size="2" >
<div style="width:100%; font-size:12pt; color:white; filter:Glow(color=grey, strength=4)">User Name</div></font>

5. <font face="verdana,arial,helvetica" size="2" >
<div style="width:100%; font-size:12pt; color:white; filter:Glow(color=green, strength=4)">User Name</div></font>

6. <font face="verdana,arial,helvetica" size="2" >
<div style="width:100%; font-size:12pt; color:white; filter:Glow(color=blue, strength=4)">User Name</div></font>

7. <font face="verdana,arial,helvetica" size="2" >
<div style="width:100%; font-size:12pt; color:white; filter:Glow(color=teal, strength=4)">User Name</div></font>

Norma June Mon, Sep-03-01 18:58

I Am Like Soooo Impressed!

Oh those meat symbols are fantastic! What a great idea ... Wa'il you are a genius!

This is like a visual pat on the back whenever we come to post in the forum ... and I even get to see the Whooosh Fairy too. Wonder if she makes house calls?
;)

Norma June Mon, Sep-03-01 19:02

Name In Lights

Wa'il, while I do like the gold it is a tad hard to read (perhaps only because I'm old) :D I like the green too, I think the green goes with the background & the green writing.

tamarian Mon, Sep-03-01 19:20

Which green? 5 or 7?

otenn Mon, Sep-03-01 20:25

Wa'il

The progress thing is wonderful! I am so glad you found a way to make it even better than I first imagined. I like green number 7 better because it seems to go along with the general new colour schemes a little better. Green number 5 is a bit harsher. I agree too that the gold is a little hard to read.

Thanks again,

Mari

PS I guess I'll just have to go ahead and pick a goal number so I can see some sort of progress for myself! Here goes.....

Natrushka Mon, Sep-03-01 20:31

Poll

Number 7 please!

N