Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Main dishes (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Garlic Lime Chicken (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=128546)

Alopex Wed, Aug-06-03 12:27

Garlic Lime Chicken

Okay, this recipe is TO DIE FOR, and pretty quick and easy to make. Plus, per serving, there's only about 2g carb! I got this from a menu-mailer.

Seasoning:
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. cayenne
1/8 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. thyme
1/4 tsp. dried parsley

Just a quick tip: once I tried it, I knew I'd do it again--a bunch of times. So I mixed about 5 or 6 times the spices in a little spice jar, so I can just shake it on to the chicken when I need to. Besides, if you dredge the chicken in the spices like the recipe suggests, you run out of seasoning.

6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I just use whatever chicken I want to make--drumsticks work well)
2 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 tsp. garlic powder
3 tbsp. lime juice

Directions: Mix spices, dredge chicken in mixture to coat. Heat butter and oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute chicken until golden brown (it gets pretty dark brown if you use chicken with skin on), about 6 minutes each side. Sprinkle with remaining garlic powder and lime juice (it'll get pretty pungent and then thicken up nicely), cook 5 minutes more, stirring frequently to coat evenly with sauce. Serve.

Counts for the recipe as it's given (boneless, skinless chicken, etc.), divided into 6 servings:

320 cal, 9g fat, 55g protein, 2g carbohydrate, 460mg sodium

Enjoy!

P.S. Hubby whined a little about it being "too limey" the first time. Even though he liked it. But the last time we ate it, he didn't complain at all (afraid for his life, maybe?), and I didn't decrease the amount of lime juice I used. I think it has a nice tang to it.

kidee Wed, Aug-06-03 13:54

Hi Alopex,

i LOVE using lime in cooking. :heart: This is definitely a recipe i will try! Thanks for posting it!

Take care and Have Fun!!

lburnikell Wed, Aug-06-03 13:58

sounds great I have been looking for something to liven up dull chicken

Alopex Thu, Aug-07-03 11:31

Hi Kidee and Lburnikell!

I don't think you'll be disappointed. We just had it last night (drumsticks, skin on), and it was fabulous. :)

Hrm...I have some other good recipes I should post, too...

collierami Fri, Aug-08-03 15:40

Quick, post, post!!!!!!

gawdess Mon, Aug-11-03 15:32

Lime is one of my favorites! Since I cant have key lime pie anymore..l'll hafta have key lime chicken....mmmm...Atkins!

easylyvin Wed, Oct-20-04 16:40

When I got home from work, I checked out the board for a recipe for my chicken I had in the fridge. This recipe had everything I needed, so I tried it tonight, and MMM-MMMMM!, was it yummy! So quick and EASY! Seemed like it was too easy for something that tasted so good! Thanks for this recipe!