Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Can you believe this??? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=127044)

cindycm Thu, Jul-31-03 11:51

Can you believe this???

I was looking around on the atkinscenter website through the success stories. There was a lady on there who lost 99 pounds on only 6 months. That seems almost impossible. I would love to be able to talk to her to find out what kind of menu she had. Has anyone else had this kind of weight loss in that quick of time.

Thanks,
Cindy

LovableLC Thu, Jul-31-03 12:32

I would definitely love to know what she was doing. That much in 6 months? Wow that is a heck of a lot.

yvonne326 Thu, Jul-31-03 15:18

She must have been doing lots of exercise while doing induction level. I would be interested to know what her start weight was...seems that the more you have to lose the faster you lose the majority of it. Its those last 10-15 lbs that seem to take forever!!! :)

JeannieM Thu, Jul-31-03 17:18

It's always nice to lose weight quickly, but that sounds like a REALLY unhealthy rate.

Jeannie

LCalamari Thu, Jul-31-03 18:40

wow, that is an awful lot of weight!!! Good for her. The last time I was on atkins (before pregnancy) I lost 40 in 3 months and I thought that was good...MY goodness 99 pounds in 6 ,.... its like she lost a whole entire person.

Wanna Lose Thu, Jul-31-03 18:52

She would have had to have averaged almost 4 pounds per week in order to accomplish that... I just wish that I could lose 2 pounds a week consistently.

Arie Thu, Jul-31-03 19:18

If her starting weight is high (like 400lb) it is not that unusual.

jason_8983 Thu, Jul-31-03 19:34

I started at 295 and am 225 right now.
thats 70 pounds in 3 months and 1 week.

cindycm Thu, Jul-31-03 19:50

Her starting weight

I just looked at atkins website and this lady's starting weight was 237. She lost down to 138 in 6 months.

Thanks,
Cindy

LowKarbKK Fri, Aug-01-03 04:53

Some people are simply blessed with an amazing metabolism.

Lucky her!

TennisBum Fri, Aug-01-03 05:25

With strong dedication and tons of exercise I was able to lose 75 pounds in 4 months. Nobody in the world can tell me it was unhealthy or that I am unhealthy. I'm running 4.5 - 5 miles a day and feeling great. Had I not exercised I probably would have only dropped around 35 pounds. I did stay on Induction level carbs for most of the 4 months, however I did eat some "frakenfoods" over that time. Everyone has to lose at their own pace, I think it's judgemental to say someone elses weight loss is unhealthy, unless of course they have developed an eating disorder.

TennisBum

whyspers Fri, Aug-01-03 05:28

It sounds like she is blessed with a low metabolic resistance. Good for her!!!!

L

KristyC Fri, Aug-01-03 10:17

Wow! I don't have the time to exercise enough to go along with plan to lose that much weight that quickly.

Jeanne Sch Fri, Aug-01-03 10:26

Yup- I bet she did some exercise.
Wow...running 5 miles a day - I bow to your exercising prowess. I was so impressed with my walking 3 miles a day. I should really start running because this walking *gig* takes too darn long.

Hey Jason, quit showing off!!! ;) Just kidding. That is GREAT!!! :yay:
You men are SOOOOO lucky that way.

I'm just happy I was able to drop 15 lbs before trying to get pregnant, the thinner I am, the healthier the baby will be.

kellyuk Fri, Aug-01-03 10:29

TennisBum and Jason - you guys have done amazing work in such a short time - WELL DONE!!