Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Hi! Another newbie here! .... LONG (m) (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=77758)

2plump2jmp Thu, Jan-02-03 10:29

Hi! Another newbie here! .... LONG (m)

I've been patiently waiting for the holidays to get over so I can have a little less stressful intro to induction... the time has come!

I have been on the Atkins plan twice now- once in the early 80's when I only had 20 pounds to loose. At that time, I lost it all in 6 weeks & kept it off until I got pregnant several years later. I went on again about 3 years ago & lost 25 pounds, but somehow I got off track & let things go:( I was not even near goal, but I began feeling so much better that I just enjoyed life & let the plan go:(

After doing a search last night (past midnight!) I found this site & thought I might find the support I need to stay on the program & in time, help others to do the same. I am 44 years old & cannot bare to think I'll never feel *good* about myself again. And I just don't feel good this way:(

Presently I'm on an antideppresent drug called "Wellbutrin" & though I have been told this has been used in past years AS a weight loss drug- I believe it has helped me to GAIN 20 more pounds. I held the same weight (though 75 pounds too much) for about 3.5 years & since this drug- I have gained 20.

Since getting married in early 85, I have lost all of my extended family (but for 3 sibs who are all quite disfuntional & we don't have much contact). With each loss I fell into a deep depression that I tried very hard to battle on my own (I have a very loving husband, but this was a battle ALL of my own) I had a daughter in 76 (no REAL weight issues), a son in 85, daughter in 87 & a son in 94. With my baby's, came WEIGHT. I was doing better emotionally but my weight wasn't doing well. With my 4th pregnancy I had gestational diabetes & was actually 20 pounds LESS as I delivered! I felt like a million bucks- even after an emergency c-section. I took a 4 mile walk the day he was 2 weeks old!

During my sons first year, he was quite ill. It was over a year before he was diagnosed with a heart condition & he had open heart surgery to repair the defect. The weight came on! It was a very trying time for all of us (at that time, I was trying the Phen fen drug) LONG story, but I unexpectadly became pregnant again about 9 mos after our sons surgery. In 97 I delivered our son (another section) & he too was born with a heart defect:( This was a much worse defect than his brothers... our baby boy passed away just 15 hours after he came into the world:(

Since this time a LOT has happened. I was unsure I could continue on- I truly was unsure. I was extreemely depressed & if anything- I TRIED to make myself unhealthy! I just did not care. I ate! I ate WHAT I wanted WHEN I wanted. The weight came on. (I eat when I'm sad & I eat when I'm depressed)

Things did get better & in 2001 we were absolutely BLESSED with the adoption of our last child. I was tremendously blessed to actually be present at her birth & helped to cut her cord! (She is now 20 months old) I have learned to smile again, but the weight is bringing me down TERRIBLY:( It is helping to hold me in a depressed state:( Living in an area of the world where we have much less light this time of year doesn't help LOL) I am having a hard time breathing while walking (anywhere), I am just so uncomfortable.

My goal is to loose much of this weight by summer. I don't expect to ever wear a bikini (LOL) but I want desperatly to feel better physicly & emotionally. I just need to STAY MOTIVATED!

Anyhow, if you have made it this far... GOD BLESS YOU! Hopw to get to know you all better.

hugs, sk ^i^

key062601 Thu, Jan-02-03 10:44

good luck

HI I'M FROM SC, 48 NEED TO TAKE OFF 40 PO. I KNOW WHAT YOU HOW YOU FEEL, THE FRIST THING I THINK ABOUR WHEN I WAKE UP IN THE MORNING IS HOW MUCH WEIGHT I HAVE PUT ON THIS YEAR. I CHANG JOBS THIS YEAR , I NOW SIT AT A DESK. BEFORE I WAS UP MOVING FOR 8 TO 10 HOURS A DAY. I PUT ON ALL MY WEIGHT THIS YEAR. THE NIGHTS ARE HARD I AM A NIGHT EATER. GOOD LUCK :)
KEY

lkonzelman Thu, Jan-02-03 10:59

Hi and welcome to the site.

You really have had a hard time and I don't wonder why weightloss hasn't been your first priority.

Today is the first day... blah blah ...

Just start from today and start a journal here. It will keep you accountable and give us a chance to meet you better.

You can do it!!

used2bfat Sun, Mar-07-10 23:34

Hi everyone,

I need to shed the extra pounds gained during my pregnancy and looking for site where I can gather info on how to do it best either with exercise or diet.

Thanks,

Luvhandles Mon, Mar-08-10 06:23

Welcome 2Plump :wave: You are in a terrific place, there are good people here who hold a lot of knowledge and are willing to help you further your goals. Sounds like you've had a tough time and came through it and I think it's high time you helped yourself to feel better! You can do it :)