Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   3 months and no weight loss (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=177348)

4thehills Wed, Apr-07-04 10:21

3 months and no weight loss

Okay, I have gone 3 months with no weight loss. I quit eating the low carb chocolates about 2 weeks ago. I'm hoping this will help. My ketosticks show that I'm about 40 in ketosis. I know I need to exercise more. I'm trying to get motivated for that. Any ideas? I haven't been faithful with vitamins, is this the key? Any suggestions welcomed.

Thanks,
Jana[FONT=Comic Sans MS]

leslew5 Wed, Apr-07-04 10:25

Are you drinking water?

hcomeau Wed, Apr-07-04 10:30

Cutting out the sugar free choc should make a big difference. Any "frankenfoods" will stall people. Try to stay away from bars, choc's and the lastest marketed "low carb" products/crap. It seems that a lot of companies are jumping on the bandwagon and putting out low carb foods.

Make sure you are using fitday.com to monitor your calories and your fat, protein and carb %'s. My fat is usually at 70%, protein 25% and carbs at 5%.

Make sure you are eating losts of veggies and don't eat too much cheese. Cheese and cream are big stallers.

Remember, try to stick to natural foods. When I need a kick in the butt I read the induction only foods list in my Aktins book to remind me of what I can and can not have!

Good Luck!

Maybe you could post an example day of what you are eating and we can check it out to make sure you aren't eating hidden carbs?

4thehills Wed, Apr-07-04 10:32

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Probably not as much as I should, but I am having some now. I probably drink too many caffeine free diet cokes. How much do you recomend?

Jana

hcomeau Wed, Apr-07-04 10:35

I drink about 2 or 3 bottles of water in the morning, 1 with lunch, 1 with my workout and 1 with dinner. You have to pee a lot but jus remember when you pee you are getting rid of fat! I have maybe 1 or 2 caf free diet cokes daily as a treat.

4thehills Wed, Apr-07-04 10:41

Yesterday I had 2 eggs, 3 pieces of bacon, 1 cup of coffee with sweetner and cream.

Snack: 1/2 low carb cake from recipe I got on here 5 1/2 carbs.

Lunch: Caesar chicken salad (chicken, anchovy paste, mayo, parmesan, lemon juice and garlic. Yum!)

Dinner: hamburger patty with cheese, bacon, mayo, tomatoe, and lettuce.

Snack: a piece of the low carb cake with 2 strawberries
Diet Dr. Pepper

hcomeau Wed, Apr-07-04 11:11

I would not eat the low carb cake or fruit, they are not on the acceptable foods list from Dr. Atkins. Remember if you stick to his list your doing it to the T!

Also, I buy Caf Free Diet Dr Pepper, it't tough to find but at least it's caf free!

DianaO Wed, Apr-07-04 11:13

Drink water
Lose the Pop unless it is sweetned with SPLENDA
Exercise
use www.fitday.com and log foods
watch CALORIES

4thehills Wed, Apr-07-04 11:21

I thought you could have these things in OWL. The cake is almond meal, eggs butter, vanilla, splenda, baking powder. Two strawberries only have about 3-4 carbs at the most?

What is fitday, and how much is it?
Jana

hcomeau Wed, Apr-07-04 11:25

O, I thought you were on induction.

Fitday.com is free and it's great!

4thehills Wed, Apr-07-04 11:28

I just went to their website. Looks great! Maybe I should go back to induction for a while.

Thanks,
Jana

freckles Wed, Apr-07-04 12:49

The aspartame in the diet Coke could very well be the culprit. Have you read the chapter in DANDR about platues? I would read that carefully before I went back to induction. Do you measure? Have you been losing inches rather than weight? If so, you're not in a stall. It could also be your body just resting. Some people go long periods of time without losing and then everything kicks back in. It could also be that you've added too many carbs in OWL (unless you never went above 20). If you've never gone above 20 it could be that you need to raise your carbs.

Nancy LC Wed, Apr-07-04 13:19

I think the only thing for us slow losers to do is take in fewer calories than we burn. I'd start tracking the calories while watching the carbs. Even though that cake is low carb, I bet its pretty high in calories.

DianaO Wed, Apr-07-04 13:23

I do agree with Nancy, Us tiny people need less calories. Start counting and drop the Aspareteen

hcomeau Wed, Apr-07-04 13:36

I am confused if 4thehills's current weight is 186 and the goal is 140, shouldn't 4thehill's be on induction?