Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Hi all! New here.... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=151044)

ncwingnut Wed, Nov-26-03 02:04

Hi all! New here....

Hi all...My name is Lynn and I have been lurking around here for a little over a week or so now. I have enjoyed reading the posts and have picked up many tips here!

Ok, I know that *technically* I am no longer needing to lose 100lbs, but, when I first started Atkins back in April, I was 249, so that *was* triple digits then....so can I still join in?? I am now going by my weight when I restarted Atkins on Oct 20th.

Anyway.....

I am married, mother of 2, and I just recently (last Tuesdey) was promoted to Assistant Quality Manager at my place of employment. We also have 3 boxer dogs and I help with Boxer rescue here in North Carolina.

I have had a lot on my plate these past few weeks, as I also go to school part-time, and haven't had time to exercise and such as I should, but still have been losing around 1-3 lbs a week. I like that!! That is one of the things that I love about this WOL!

I look forward to being a part of this group and gettin rid of this weight forever!

Thank you for reading my rambling *grin*

Lynn

diemde Wed, Nov-26-03 04:41

Hi Lynn, Welcome to the TDC. :wave: Congratulations on your weight loss and your promotion. These folks are really supportive so feel free to post any questions you may have. Happy lc'ing. :wiggle:

MisterE Wed, Nov-26-03 05:16

Welcome! And here is to you finding great health and great friends in the words on these boards.

Tedmom Wed, Nov-26-03 05:55

Hi Lynn. Welcome aboard! Isn't this place great? Lots of encouragement, tips and recipes to help the LC WOE. Good luck to you!

coco2 Wed, Nov-26-03 06:37

Welcome Lynn and congratulations on getting below the 100 lb mark. This is a great place to take the rest off, lots of encouragment. Congrats on your promotion.

Leigh

mudknife Wed, Nov-26-03 08:52

Hi Lynn, of course you are welcome here. For myself and many others this woe has given us control over the foods we choose to eat and hope for the future.

Aragorn Wed, Nov-26-03 09:40

Hi Lynn and welcome. Lot's of great supportive people here.

carichie Wed, Nov-26-03 09:47

Hi there Lynn

Congratulations on your promotion, and super job on the weight loss. Welcome to the forum.

kyrasdad Wed, Nov-26-03 10:58

Hey Lynn,

Welcome to the TDC boards. I'm not technically needing to lose 100 pounds vs. my goal right now either, but the issues are still the same. Pile in - there's lots of good things to read and good people to know here.

tulips Wed, Nov-26-03 18:12

Hiya Lynn!!!!!! Glad that you joined us!

Atkins4myW Thu, Nov-27-03 19:37

Hey Lynn welcome to the TDC. congrats on your promotion

DWRolfe Thu, Nov-27-03 20:30

Hello Lynn!

Welcome to the forum and to the Triple Digits Club! There's so much great information to learn from here...and an amazingly supportive community to share your experiences with!

BTW, I have two Boston Terriers. Boxers are beautiful too. There is one in my neighborhood that we see everyday.

Good luck to you on your LC journey!

Donald

ncwingnut Fri, Nov-28-03 20:05

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I know that I am going to enjoy it here!

Lynn

Gimmpy Sat, Nov-29-03 00:31

Welcome. We are all a bunch of loosers around here. And we like it that way. Congratulations on your great start. Hope you will find all the help you need here. I sure have.

shtrdave Sun, Nov-30-03 20:27

It's a great place to come to. I haven't been here long but i have learned an awful lot from the people here.

dave