Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   What is the main food you eat during the day? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=138194)

Jimbo I Fri, Sep-19-03 11:41

What is the main food you eat during the day?

Hi, I am restarting the Atkins diet. I tried it without the book (duh) and lost a little and then stopped losing. Now that I have the book, I was wondering what people eat as their main food.
My main foods are cheese and steak-ums (cut em up, mix in cheese, put in microwave for 30-45 seconds). I also have sausages most of the time.
Jimbo

hey_Neener Fri, Sep-19-03 11:42

beef or pork and spinach salads

Meghan Fri, Sep-19-03 11:54

Salad, BACON, some cheese hard salmi as a snack! things like this!

Lilygirl Fri, Sep-19-03 11:56

MAIN things?
Breakfast - Eggs w/ cream cheese & Davinci syrups
Snacks - SF jello
Dinner - chicken or pork and salads (spinach usually)
Lunch - leftover dinner

Not exciting, but I'm a creature of habit. I love routines!

Honestly though, I really think you should read the book, you will gain SO much more from it and there may be parts that really speak to you.

Good luck!
Lily

ian559 Fri, Sep-19-03 12:03

Breakfast: I eat a bowl of hot flax cereal and 3 eggs, sometimes bacon or sausage
Lunch: I have chicken salad, tuna salad, protein shakes
Dinners: are Fish, chicken, steak, hell any meat. And loads of yummy veggies
Snacks: homemade jerky, homemade salami, cheese, pork rinds, cheeters brand crackers with butter, celery with cream cheese

filmlass23 Fri, Sep-19-03 12:09

Hebrew National Hot Dogs, bacon, Jones Natural Sausage, grilled chicken, cheese, romaine salads, steamed broccoli...and the occasional Atkins bar or shake...

solamander Fri, Sep-19-03 12:13

I go through phases where i'll eat the same thing every day until I get completely sick of it.
First it was eggs, omelets, eggs benedict
then sausage, bratwursts, portabellos stuffed with sauasge (ooh its time to bring that one back lol)
then burgers, bacon ch burgers, burgers with blue cheese
then steak, london broil
then shrimp-scampi, fried shrimp, shrimp wrapped in bacon
then I went through my batter and fry stage-battered and fried mushrooms, onion rings, chicken strips, fish, shrimp
now I'm in my "la tortilla" phase-just got 3 packs that I ordered online, so anything in a tortilla until I burn out on them
whatever I make for dinner usually has enough leftover for the next days lunch, and I usually bring a caesar salad or get a .99 one from Wendys to go with the leftovers
weird huh?

lbiessen Fri, Sep-19-03 12:15

bacon and eggs

yvonne326 Fri, Sep-19-03 12:21

Every Day I have a large salad for lunch - 2-2.5 cups of mixed greens, bacon, cheese, tuna or chicken, ranch or caesar dressing. Dinner consists of a meat and a veggie and breakfast can be almost anything since I don't typically eat "traditional" breakfast foods (i.e. - eggs w/bacon).

Jbbrennan Fri, Sep-19-03 12:24

:skull: :skull: :skull:

I was so excited to be eating cheese, that for the first week I ate very little that wasn't completely smothered in cheddar.

This leads to an increased, panicked, maniacal amout of psyillium.

So, recently, I have revised my menus: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

breakfast:
teas
hamburger/ pork /or/ turkey patties with mushrooms fried in butter

lunch:
chicken salad: chicken/mayo/avocado/ romaine or: (personal favorite) egg salad: 3 hd boiled eggs/mayo/chopped olives

dinner:
broiled salmon/or/broiled skirtsteak (my fav beef)/or (recently) pork
remaining one-two cups of salad: romaine/green onion/mushroom

I don't snack because I'm not really that hungry in between meals right now (go figure--ME the snack queen!) Oh, and also add gallons of water in there, too.

--jasmine

ctfemme Fri, Sep-19-03 12:34

Main foods

I love eggs, thanks to Atkins I can eat more than I could on other diets.

Two boiled eggs for breakfast.

Chicken ceasar salad (without croutons) for lunch or
Chef salad.

Cheddar cheese for snack.

Dinner varies.

BTW: What's flax cereal?

ctfemme Fri, Sep-19-03 12:42

Main foods

....Also hard pork rinds.

They take care of those crunchy munchy cravings.

LadyBelle Fri, Sep-19-03 13:21

I try to follow the same rule I make my kids do. You can have anything healthy you want, but just one or two servings a day. I love eggs, and if I have a meat in the fridge that needs cooked I may eat it twice cooked in different ways. A good variety of food is important to get nutricion I think and stave off boredom.

I think veggies ar emy one exception. I'll put spinich in my eggs in the morning, and have it cooked with dinner somehow on some days. I also may do a large salad for lunch and have lettuce mix on my taco or what ever for dinner.

Since starting BFL my one things I have pretty much daily is a protien shake. I do have about 6 different brand shtough and all kinds of different flavors so I can mix and match protien types, amounts, and tastes to keep off boredom.

Dstar96920 Fri, Sep-19-03 13:25

Breakfast- LC granola and coffee or eggs w/cheese and bacon
Lunch - Salad, salad, and a little more salad :)
Dinner - Meat of choice, more salad
Snack - SF candies, LC ice cream, SF jello, meat and cheese roll ups
Keeps my life less complicated when I kinda stick to what I am use to, plus I love eating this way!!!

Leenie Fri, Sep-19-03 14:05

Turkey bacon, fish, chicken, pepperoni and lots of veggies :)