Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Hey, what gives? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=94899)

JF3 Thu, Mar-27-03 12:55

Hey, what gives?

I'm into induction week 4... I lost 10 lbs. my first two weeks, but slowed to a stand-still for the last week and a half.

Well yesterday was very stressful at work, and I ended up overindulging on alcohol. Of course, my inhibitions when down and I had two glasses of milk and four cookies.

I thought... well, I blew it for today... I'll start back up immediately tomorrow.

For sure I thought that my weight would increase. In fact, I lost two pounds with no change in fat %. I know that weight fluctuates and all... but I *felt* heavier, and I *know* that I overdid it...

Did the carbs just pass through for a day???

Vowing never to cheat again,
JF3

Natrushka Thu, Mar-27-03 12:58

JF, this happens to a lot of us... it can mean a few things.

1) the rebound weight hasn't caught up with you yet ;)
2) you were due to lose it anyway (and you were - it's common to lose big during Induction, slow down a few weeks then *bam* start losing again)
3) you're dehydrated from the alcohol.

If the weight stays off over the next few days then I'd go with "2" or "4".

4) Your body is trying to tell you it would lose better with a few more carbs.

HTH
Nat

Miss Melis Thu, Mar-27-03 13:03

jf3-

slow and easy.... it took more than a few months to get where we are today.... so it will take more than a few months to get it off..... ;)

Keep up the great work!
Take care, :wave:
M-

slack32 Thu, Mar-27-03 15:44

Don't worry too much about what you did or did not do- just focus on the here and now. If you keep on trying, you will get it right!

TashaT Thu, Mar-27-03 16:25

JF3 .. I was wondering the same thing.. I cheated, went and ate mexican food, chips and salsa and even had a flour tortilla. I thought I just really blew it. Well my weight went down by about 2 lbs.. I was relieved.. The lbs never showed up.. But I am more careful. I know i can't eat that kind of food and continue to lose. But I can't figure out why I didn't gain weight...
:)
Tasha

blatla Thu, Mar-27-03 17:27

Now before everyone starts going out for a one-night-binge in order to lose a couple quick pounds, let me just say that it doesn't always work that way. The two times I've cheated (once with Long John Silver's fish...the other time with M&Ms), I didn't lose. After my Long John Silver's episode, I was thrilled to be the same weight the next morning...only to go up a couple of pounds within another couple of days. It came off two weeks later and I'm back on track but it sure wasn't worth losing those two whole weeks just for that one meal! The M&Ms didn't seem to have any effect one way or the other...except maybe prolonging the mini-stall I was in.

So...cheaters, beware! You may get away with it some of the time...but then again, you may not!

Tricia

quietone Thu, Mar-27-03 18:49

Two-day cheat rule.....

hiya'

I found, for myself, that I can cheat one day... never two... and it has no consequences. Perhaps it is the same for you.

Remember that it takes 48 hours for your body to convert to burning fat? My belief is that it must take the same amount of time to do the opposite. At least for me it does.