Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   mistake - groan (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=81059)

flossie Sat, Jan-18-03 04:26

mistake - groan

i have made a mistake by eating nuts in my induction. i have counted them as carbs but i have just been reading that you shouldnt have them. also had uk variety of pork rinds which i now find are also a no no. does this mean that i have to start my induction again???? :confused:

barbie333 Sat, Jan-18-03 08:11

I would probably consider starting your indution process again... It is funny how the process works. I have friends who are constantly saying to me "oh I tried that diet and I havent lost anything, it doesnt work" but then when I catch-on to what they are eating, it seems that the simpliest thing that is not on the "acceptable foods list" as per Dr. A. will curb weight loss. I have a feeling that this isnt the answer that you wanted to hear..... :( but it is the road that I would take.

Natrushka Sat, Jan-18-03 08:45

Re: mistake - groan

Quote:
Originally posted by flossie
does this mean that i have to start my induction again???? :confused:
No, Flossie. Just carry on. One slip up isn't the end of the world. Induction is about learning how to eat a different way all over again. It's also about detoxing and getting your body used to new types of foods. Nuts, while not part of Induction, are part of a LC WOL.

After all, one meal or snack that isn't 100% kosher is just that, one. It's the other meals that matter over the long haul.

Learning how to adopt a LC WOL is a learning curve, you just found out about nuts and UK pork rinds - I doubt you'll make that mistake again over the next two weeks :)

Hang in there,
Nat

doreen T Sat, Jan-18-03 09:27

I agree with Nat ... carry on and chock it up to a learning experience. Since you accounted for the carbs in your daily total, it's unlikely that it would "undo" your low-carbing efforts.

The 2-week Induction period is more than just a physical process of eliminating carbs and eating mainly proteins, lots of fat and lowest-carb green vegetables to induce ketosis/lipolysis. There's a lot of psychology to break old habits and overcome cravings going on there too. Nuts, cheeses and dairy products, caffeine and artificially sweetened foods are known triggers ... 14 days of going without or sharply restricting intake of these foods will help break the craving-bingeing cycle.

Good luck to you, and happy low-carbing :)

Doreen

barbie333 Sat, Jan-18-03 12:04

my apologies Flossie, when I read your post I thought that you meant that you had been eating nuts the entire time throughout your induction process...sorry :(

Keep on posting...I will read a little more carefully next time!!!

:)