Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb Products (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Atkins Fudge Brownies... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=91482)

Avengeance Sun, Mar-09-03 22:54

Atkins Fudge Brownies...

Holy moly... these things are GREAT!

My daughter and I made some today.. they are really easy to make too!

Although the directions call for only 2 eggs I recommend using 3, the mix was not smooth with just 2, 3 were perfect. Took about 5 minutes to get the mix together.. then 30 minutes bake time.

If you cant resist from eating more then 1 or 2 then dont get em... they are 5g net carbs per serving. 15 servings for a 8"x8" pans worth.

Anyways.. these things tasted JUST like regular brownies. I was afraid my daughter might not like them for I thought they might not be that good. Boy was I wrong.. she, and I, both love em.

Definately worth the try... :thup: :thup:

JMakeupLC Mon, Mar-10-03 00:15

where did you get the brownie mix?

Kragness1 Mon, Mar-10-03 09:39

Beware of the 8g sugar alcohols, making it a potential 13g per serving. Many people are sensitive to sugar alcohols.

AmyTN Mon, Mar-10-03 09:43

I have a box in the cupboard, but haven't made them yet, so thanks for letting me know when I do decide to make them they'll be good. You can find them at GNC, at least that's where I bought them. They're also available at many on-line sites, including E-Bay.
God Bless,
Amy-Lynne

paradise Mon, Mar-10-03 22:35

I got my first box from GNC to see if I liked it. Then I got four more on sale from somewhere? Tried it on my non-LCing husband, sister, brother-in-law and parents with a scoop of ice cream for them, whipped cream for me. They gave it a thumbs up.

theresa113 Tue, Mar-18-03 18:50

I really really really really really reaaly like these. So much so, I can't make them. 2 reasons:

1. I can not stop at one! Brownies have always been my weakness!

2. If I don't stop at one I have to stay home all day because of the sugar alcohols... strong laxitive effect.

However, if you have A LOT more control than I do, these are really good and make a great treat every now and then. My friend made these and she was able to wrap them up individually and put them in the freezer. I tried doing that as well the second time I made them but I repeated reasons number 1 and 2. Shame on me! :)

macleay Tue, Mar-18-03 21:06

I also loved these. But my husband, who is not on low-carb and who is a real chocoholic, took a bite, said it was great, and then about gagged because of the aftertaste.

Not me. Maybe I'm just so starved for sweets that I don't notice the aftertaste, but I didn't. I kept the pan out all week and just took a piece here and there. (Maybe that's the reason I didn't lose last week) ;)

But if the sugar alcohols don't stall you, these are really good. I did have to cook them about twice as long as they said to. But the texture and flavor is great.

Jill :wave:

dustoweb Thu, Mar-20-03 18:09

These are really good. I gave some to some friends and didn't even tell them they were LC. They didn't seem to notice. I haven't seen the laxitive effects, but I usually only eat one, and mine are really thin because the only baking pan I had was larger than the suggested size.

My only problem with them is that it makes so many I can't eat them before they go bad. The last batch I made is sitting in the fridge. Hopefully that keeps them a bit longer.