Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Newbie Introduction (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=125342)

JYounginer Thu, Jul-24-03 12:03

Newbie Introduction

[COLOR=navy][FONT=comic sans ms]
Hi Everyone! :roll: I'm Joni, age 24, and I live in Little Rock, Arkansas. My roomate and I started Atkins about 2 and a 1/2 weeks ago, it's her first try and my 2nd. The first time I went on Atkins, I stayed on it for about 4 months, and then went back to my old ways of eating, due to stress. This time, I'm going to do everything right, and it would be great to have support! :daizy:

When I started, I wieghed 343 pounds, and so far I am already down to 323, so 20 pounds in two weeks. :thup: My goal wieght is 160, so I have 163 pounds to go. I've been overweight all my life, and I'm really determined to see myself smaller for the first time, and stay that way of course. :sunny:

I think that being a member of a forum is a fantastic idea. I had been on the Atkins Center website and started a journal, but didn't even come close to finding as much information as I have found in your past posts. I'm very thankful that I have found you all. :clap:

Well, that's all for now. I can't wait to meet and chat with all of you. Have a great LC day!

Joni Younginer
Little Rock, AR

DusterCat Thu, Jul-24-03 12:53

Welcome Joni

You are off to a fantastic start!

Good luck and good health -- and I'll see you around here!

carlab68 Thu, Jul-24-03 14:00

Great job Joni and good for your for starting earlier in life than I did.

DWRolfe Thu, Jul-24-03 14:26

Welcome to the forum, Joni...

...and to the Triple Digits Club as well! There's lots of information here, so don't hesitate to scroll back through some of the history.

Kudos on your weight reduction thus far! Many of us here have been heavy for most of our lives. You'll be amazed at how quickly aches and pains and cravings disappear after only a month or so of LCing.

Donald :wiggle:

Tiggerdy Thu, Jul-24-03 14:39

Welcome aboard!

Looks like you're off to a wonderful start w/this WOL. Keep up the good work!

See ya around!
Nikki :daizy:

aneredac Thu, Jul-24-03 18:11

welcome!

I've only been here a few days, and I have found wonderul support and information!

Congratulations on your success thus far!
:yay:
Rena

MisterE Thu, Jul-24-03 18:13

Welcome to a healthier life! :yay:

liz175 Thu, Jul-24-03 20:29

Welcome to the Triple Digits Club!

BrewWa Fri, Jul-25-03 17:01

Hi Joni!

Welcome to TDC!

You're off to a great start. Keep up the good work!

Cheers!

BrewWa

Graceful Sat, Jul-26-03 12:28

Welcome and keep up the good work!

KristyC Sat, Jul-26-03 13:11

Hi there and welcome. Congratulations on your weight loss thus far. :Party: