Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   intense dreaming? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=165653)

lovelife Mon, Feb-09-04 12:06

intense dreaming?

I'm beginning my 3rd week of induction. I can't believe how much better I feel....I sleep so sound, but I have intense dreams every night. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Alina Mon, Feb-09-04 12:14

Quote:
I can't believe how much better I feel....

I can! Know how you feel....... :) Congratulations!

As for dreaming - it is attributed to more B-vitamin in your diet. I've heard many people mention it here.....and I have experienced it myself. The food itself is rich in B and if you're taking supplements then you get very intense dreams...it will pass.

Good luck

Alina

leslew5 Mon, Feb-09-04 12:26

YES! I sleep like a baby and I feel so fresh when I get up in the morning!

kay3osu Mon, Feb-09-04 12:30

i've always heard that if you want to remember your dreams, take B6...??

lovelife Mon, Feb-09-04 12:30

Thanks for the responses! I've been taking all of my vitamins, so that would make sense about the B vitamins affecting my dreams. Another question: Since I'm new at this posting stuff, what does the "BF" and the percentages mean under stats to the left of the screen?

chriskim1 Mon, Feb-09-04 12:31

So glad you brought this up! I've been noticing a lot more dream activity than normal. I also don't feel quite so sluggish in the morning. Actually, sometimes I look forward to getting out of bed so that I can weigh myself. LOL

Lindym Fri, Feb-13-04 13:58

[QUOTE=lovelife]I'm beginning my 3rd week of induction. I can't believe how much better I feel....I sleep so sound, but I have intense dreams every night. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I'm in the same place, and have just recently noticed the vivid dreams! :roll:

ashley1 Fri, Feb-13-04 14:13

BF is Body Fat

Elisann Sat, Feb-14-04 01:40

Wow! I didn't even connect my strange, vivid dreams with this new WOE until now! Actually, my dreams have been quite disturbing the last few nights...hm, well at least I know I'm not alone :daze:

Squid Sat, Feb-14-04 01:45

Dang, I want some vivid dreams as long as they're good ones! lol

I don't notice a change in dreaming, but I sure am sleeping like a baby. It's great.

Squid

RCFletcher Sat, Feb-14-04 03:06

I also have intense dreams.

On a different note, If I were you I'd move onto OWL now. Discover your critical carb level for losing or you'll have difficulty making this into a way of eating for life.

If you're into week three you could be experimenting with 25g a day instead of 20. It's not a race!

KAREN X 2 Sat, Feb-14-04 19:43

I too have had some interesting dreams since starting this WOE. My favorite was during induction week - I kept dreaming that I was stuffing Oreos in my mouth, realizing that I couldn't have them any longer, then spitting them out! Must have happened at least 6 times during that dream...
You can tell what I was craving at first!

NCLC Sat, Feb-14-04 22:03

I get those sometimes as well, particularly if I happen to eat a lot of meat in a day. I call them my "meat dreams".

I had never heard of the B-6/dream connection, but I found a study showing that pyridoxine (B-6) had a significant effect on dream salience, which included vividness, color, bizarreness, etc. I don't know if the results have since been duplicated though.

Ebben M, Lequerica A, Spielman A.,Effects of pyridoxine on dreaming: a preliminary study. Percept Mot Skills. 2002 Feb;94(1):135-40.

KatA Sat, Feb-14-04 22:11

I have been experiencing hte same thing with my dreaming but I never attributed it to the eating either. Interesting.

petcrazed Sun, Feb-15-04 02:31

I too have had vivid dreams how ever mine have been horrible nightmares. but nightmares run in my family. very vivid disterbing nightmares that i some times wake up crying or so scared i have to wake up my DH.