Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Went Shopping Today.... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=119885)

kellyuk Fri, Jul-04-03 07:53

Went Shopping Today....

Normally I HATE clothes shopping, overheated cubicles trying to squeeze into clothes and I avoid it whenever possible. Exactly a month ago my mum came to visit and dragged me around the shops, I spotted a pair of jeans that I fell in love with, tried them on in my usual size 20 and felt really awful when I had to really struggle to get them over my hips and they wouldn't anywhere near fasten :( I put them back and walked out.

Went shopping with mum again today and she dragged me into the same shop - there they were my heavenly jeans - and in the sale half-price, she bundled me into the changing room and with great trepidation I pulled my stomach in, stepping into them pulled them up ....... and fastened them, then even better I realised they felt ...... too loose, I ended up buying them in an 18 which were a really comfortable fit, the last time I was in a size 18 was 8 years ago and I'd got used to the feeling that I'd never get back there again.

YIPPPEEEEEE

manucpa Fri, Jul-04-03 07:57

That is so great ! Keep it up.....I bet your mum was happy for you too, she seems very supportive.

carey80 Fri, Jul-04-03 08:55

Wow, it's a great day. Enjoy that feeling, you will have it again and again.

Keep up the good work. You can do it.

Did you do the happy dance in the dressing cube?

I know I would have.

jers52 Fri, Jul-04-03 09:55

Great going - gotta love this WOE!
Jan

hev Fri, Jul-04-03 10:01

I am sooo pleased for you, I know what it means to you, you must be fit to burst with happiness. I love reading posts like this, because I know what it's like to try and fit into clothes and leave the shop empty handed and ready to cry, it puts a downer on the whole day and I usually end up going home early. When you have been as down about your weght as most of the people on here have you can really share your elation.
Welldone you deserve it.

tagcaver Fri, Jul-04-03 10:08

I remember that feeling from a few years ago when I finally went down a pants size. What a good feeling! And it increases motivation and determination since you now have "proof" that your discipline is paying off!
:yay:
Keep up the good work. Congratulations!!!

Joan

jeanyyy Fri, Jul-04-03 10:09

Congrats, Kelly! Your story made me smile this morning. It is such a high to go shopping and find things you love! Good on your Mom for dragging you back there :)

oregano Fri, Jul-04-03 10:42

Wow, what a great experience! It really makes all the hard work worth it, doesn't it?

Paris Fri, Jul-04-03 11:08

Congratulations!!!

LadyBelle Fri, Jul-04-03 11:09

Congradulations :)

Tha pant-o-meter is so much more accurate of a measure then the scale :)

Sentoria Fri, Jul-04-03 11:33

Congratulations!!!! :yay:

I know that feeling so well. :roll:

windymoon2 Fri, Jul-04-03 11:46

Way to go, that is great. Linda

kellyuk Fri, Jul-04-03 13:39

Thanks for the congratulations everyone, can't wait to go out tomorrow and show them off :)

scottjan Fri, Jul-04-03 19:03

kelly, I just know you will look great tomorrow because this woe is going to bring you many, many rewards. Just think what the next shopping trip is going to do for you. :yay: :yay: :yay:

jude Fri, Jul-04-03 19:36

Congratulations and High Fives to you Kelly!!

The "pantometer" is the best reward of this woe. Wonder why, no matter how much we lose, we're usually surprised when old sizes are too big?

judy