Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Howdy everyone - new member on board (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=171688)

MilanoSI Tue, Mar-09-04 09:49

Howdy everyone - new member on board

Hi everyone. Wow. People I can relate to and will know what I am going through. Thank goodness for this board. I have been reading posts and finally decided it was time for me to introduce myself.

My name is Adrianna. I live in Nashville, Tennessee. I have always struggled with my weight since I was a teenager. Then I got married and had a child and my weight seemed to blow up. I am the biggest I have ever been and finally I am determined to do something about it FOR ME. I have neglected taking care of myself for years and it is about time I do it.

So far I am down 13 lbs and I started February 6th. I haven't weighed since March 1 so I am anxious to see what the scale says this Saturday. I am keeping my fingers crossed. According to the freaky government, for my height, I am supposed to weigh in between 110 and 120. Ha-ha-ha. :lol: Okay, (wiping laugh tears) that's funny. I would be thrilled to weigh 130. So, I have 120 lbs to lose minus the 13 already lost. Wish me luck!

shastagirl Tue, Mar-09-04 09:53

Hi Adrianna! Welcome!

Congrats on your loss thus far! Keep up the good work!

NANCI B Tue, Mar-09-04 10:22

I was where you are 18 months ago. This WOE and this forum have been the best things I have ever done for myself. I think that you will find this too. Congrats on your loss so far and if I could give you one piece of advice........Don't give up. When you feel discouraged, come to the forum. There has not been one time in the last 18 months that when I was feeling discouraged, that the forum did not lift me up and give me strength. I admire you for your courage to do this for yourself.

Welcome,
Nanci

Heath Tue, Mar-09-04 12:03

Welcome aboard! You're off to a great start, keep it up!

H

KristyC Tue, Mar-09-04 12:07

Welcome! You really are off to a great start. :)

Paris Tue, Mar-09-04 12:18

Welcome, Adrianna! (I really love your name btw!)

DWRolfe Tue, Mar-09-04 12:34

Welcome, Adrianna!

You're right...it's time to take care of you, too! Hope you'll find the inspiration you need to stay the course here in the forum!

Good luck to you!

Charran Tue, Mar-09-04 13:02

Hi Adrianna- Welcome to the TDC! Congrats on your great start here!

Janie3k Tue, Mar-09-04 13:35

Welcome Adrianna,

Congrats on the 13 lbs gone forever. I know exactly where you are coming from on the having to do something for yourself now. I have 3 kids under 6....so now is my time or atleast this is what I tell myself....haha.

Anyway keep up the great work....stop by my journal for a visit anytime.

newme2b Tue, Mar-09-04 15:35

Hi! And congratulations on your weight loss....good job!

diemde Tue, Mar-09-04 16:10

Welcome to the TDC! :wave: And congratulations on losing 13 lbs. That is a great start. This forum is awesome. It is sooo nice to be able to discuss things with people who really know what it's like to be our size. Good luck!

Luanna_nz Tue, Mar-09-04 18:40

wow 13 lbs gone good for you.
Welcome!

hummelda Tue, Mar-09-04 20:16

Welcome Adrianna! Congrats on your 13 pound loss and I hope you have continued success. Come back and visit often!

Louise

MilanoSI Wed, Mar-10-04 09:43

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. I was feeling discouraged today and jumped on the forum and the pep has returned. Whew! Thank goodness for you guys. I WILL NOT QUIT!!!!!

hummelda Wed, Mar-10-04 11:23

Hi Milano, An extra reinforcement is setting up a journal and visiting others. It really helps you stay committed (well some of us should be committed!) :)