Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   young mother/ people pleaser (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=77433)

sunshyne Tue, Dec-31-02 12:27

young mother/ people pleaser

I am new, and in need of support. :wave: I have have been overweight for almost 10 years. Enough is enough. I have always put everyone else first and, still, cannot justify doing something for me. Please tell me there are others like me.

Talon Tue, Dec-31-02 13:56

Hi! Welcome to the forum! :wave:

Yes, there are many people pleaseres out here - it is good that your deciding to do something for you. After all, your improved help can be enjoyed by all in the years to come.

JudyTrue Wed, Jan-01-03 16:05

Hi and Welcome!

I'm glad you've decided to do something for yourself, and as your weight goes down you'll probably find yourself with extra energy for pleasing others!! Sorry, couldn't resist!!

Getting control of your eating/weight is truly the very nicest thing you can do for YOU, and I wish you the very best of luck!

Brownsoup Thu, Jan-02-03 07:34

Working with you

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Sunshyne

I am in the same boat. Just posted about finding time to exercise and how I feel guilty not focusing on the kids. click on my journal icon and visit my journal and give me a shout. Starting a journal helped me....I plan on using it alot now that I have returned - Steve

Smurfy Thu, Jan-02-03 08:18

Sunshyne,

I just wanted you to know that there ARE others out there like you. I have decided that I am going to get up the extra 30 minutes and use the elliptical trainer that I bought. It is really a pain but I just hope that it will be worth it in the long run. I have found that I can still sleep/train at the same time but after about 15 minutes I start to wake up and feel really good when I am finished. I am concerned that I am going to gain muscle (which I don't want to do) but I still have too much weight to lose to worry about that. This is only day 2 for me on the induction and a praying that I can make it. I really am tired of people asking me when I am "due".

150-4-me Sat, Jan-09-10 12:00

it's good to take time for you

I've been a people-pleaser too, then realized not only was I not taking care of myself but I was also not being a good example those people I was trying to please! I'm referring mostly to being an example for children. Who wants to grow up if it looks like adult life is just about sacrifice? I kind of "filled-in" with food. Now I'm looking for other things to bring me joy. Even just relaxation can do that! Best wishes on your journey

LC_mermaid Sat, Jan-09-10 12:09

Hi, 150-4-me, you have been doing some reading, I did that too when I first got here. There is so much content here, its cool. I can relate to looking for joy, me too. Good luck! ~ Darleen

SWEETMIKEY Sun, Jan-10-10 08:48

youll do great!im impressed with the goal of 130.looking to lose almost a 3rd of youre body!stay right here and take it one day at a time!low carbs and caring after youre baby should be a good combo for weight loss.watch those carbs!

girlbug2 Sun, Jan-10-10 09:17

Hello,

I've been in the same boat before. It's strange isn't it how our thoughts get twisted around to think there's something wrong with wanting to do basic maintenance on our bodies. that's what eating right and exercising is, just a basic maintenance. If you had a car that required that you check its oil and give it gas every day, you'd do that because that's what is needed for your car to run smoothly. Stop giving it gas and oil and you face much more serious problems down the road when it starts to break down. Our bodies are like that too.