Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Canada (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Vancouver discount (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=27376)

tamarian Mon, Dec-10-01 22:59

Vancouver discount

Hi folks,

While walking today, I spotted a new (or I've never noticed it before) health store in Kits near the Burrard bridge, called ReFlex. I always like to visit health stores and give them a hard time about getting into the low-carb wave :p

But to my surprise, despite being a small shop, they had more low-carb products than I have seen in Vancouver stores. They had the Zone bars, and low-carb bars, several brands, including some I never heard of. They also had the ProLean Chips. Any way, I spent some time talking to the owner, and they "dig" low-carb and noticed customers increasingly interested in more products.

Here's the deal. We agreed to co-promote eachother. They'll send their low-carbing customers our way, and we'll send Vancouverite members their way (they'll show up first in our yellow pages for BC)

In addition, if you go there, mention you heard about them from "lowcarb.ca" and you'll get a 10% discount.

I'll be in touch with them and see what else they'll bring in stock, I mentioned Flax-o-Meal and gave them the URL to check them out.

ReFlex
1685 Chestnut Street
Vancouver, BC V6J 4M6
604-738-6651

Wa'il

IslandGirl Tue, Dec-11-01 13:14

Hmmmmmm....

Nice work, Wa'il.

While you're at it and if you talk to them again, you might want to mention that LowCarb FoodExperts Canada is receptive to Distributor/Agent/Wholesale discussion on LowCarb products, specializing in import, labelling and brokerage issues...

Meanwhile, I think I'll learn from you and borrow your approach with interested local (Victoria and Vancouver Island) HFS and regular stores, if you don't mind?

tamarian Tue, Dec-11-01 14:50

Sounds good. And if you want to call them directly, ask for Ben, he's the owner.

Wa'il

Sarlye Wed, Dec-12-01 15:27

I can't Believe it's under my nose!

I work in the next building from Reflex and I walk by there everyday. I live 10 minutes from there also.

Now that I know they sell LowCarb products, I will point all my co-workers there.

Thanks for the info Wa'il.

Happy Holidays!

Vegetarian Tue, Dec-18-01 14:12

Hi,

I live in Surrey. I am trying to locate a health food stores which sells low carb bread mixes, jams, cereals, etc.

To order from the states, it costs about $30 US in JUST shipping. They have to ship Priority UPS or something :thdown: .

Rajinder :wave:

SharonC Sat, May-18-02 21:21

Surrey Health Food Store

Hi Rajinder,
You might want to try "Innervisions health and books Inc." located at #405-15940 fraser Hwy. Surrey Phone: 604-596-3937.
The owners are: Bernadette Novack and Mary Fitzgerald. Give them a shout.

Cheers
Sharon

Do not follow the common path. Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

tamarian Sat, May-18-02 21:33

Re: Surrey Health Food Store

Quote:
Originally posted by SharonC
Hi Rajinder,
You might want to try "Innervisions health and books Inc." located at #405-15940 fraser Hwy. Surrey Phone: 604-596-3937.
The owners are: Bernadette Novack and Mary Fitzgerald. Give them a shout.

Hi Sharon,

Could you tell us a bit more about this store, and what they carry?

We have our "LC Yellow Pages" application (link to the right) and we try to keep it up to date with such information.

Wa'il

SharonC Tue, May-21-02 16:23

List

I'll get you a list of what they carry. I'll go out there tommorrow for you and let you know.

Cheers Sharon

Candiflip Sun, Jun-23-02 13:40

tamarian,

Is this store, ReFlex, still carrying alot of LowCarb Products? Any new ones? Thanks

Candice

tamarian Sun, Jun-23-02 14:08

Quote:
Originally posted by Candiflip
tamarian,

Is this store, ReFlex, still carrying alot of LowCarb Products? Any new ones?

Hi Candice,

I didn't notice anything new, but they still carry the same stock. I mostly go there for the protein powders, they have many brands.

Wa'il

dabrahamso Sat, Jun-29-02 11:29

Vancouver Support

Hi there, I'm pretty new to this stuff, I started Atkins June 4 and I lost 15 lbs in the first 2 weeks, now I seem to have slowed right down. I have lost 2 1/2 inches off my waist though, but I find I'm feeling like this is going to be a long haul and slow. I live in the Kits area and wondered what kind of support is available, do you have get togethers, walking groups? Let me know, I'm also finding I have no imagination for cooking and am eating the same way all the time. I'm trying to stay on induction as I have about 90 more pounds to lose. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Debbie :wave:

Karen Sat, Jun-29-02 11:45

Do we ever Debbie!

The forum you have posted to has mucho posts on Vancouver activities.

This is the latest get together, happening next week: Vancouver - Dinner with Melinda?

We also have pot-lucks - I hope you like dogs ;) - the occasional coffee, dinners at the Fish House and it seems like we go out for dinner once a month.

There are a lot of Vancouverites on this board and it would be nice to see them all come out to the gatherings, so don't be shy.

Karen

dabrahamso Sat, Jun-29-02 21:29

Thanks for writing back Karen, who is Melinda? Please let me know. Would it be appropriate to come to something if I don't know anyone? I would be very interested in getting to know some people. We have only lived in Kits for a year and don't really know anyone yet. I love dogs and cats and had to give ours up to move here from Bella Coola and miss them dearly. Stay in touch, all the support you can give is greatly appreciated.

Ruth Tue, Jul-02-02 17:09

Quote:
Originally posted by dabrahamso
Would it be appropriate to come to something if I don't know anyone? I would be very interested in getting to know some people. We have only lived in Kits for a year and don't really know anyone yet. I love dogs and cats and had to give ours up to move here from Bella Coola and miss them dearly. Stay in touch, all the support you can give is greatly appreciated.

Deb,

As a regular member of Vancouver gatherings, YES, it is appropriate for you to come join us if you don't know anyone. When I started LCing I didn't know another soul on this WOL, so when I saw an invitation to coffee, I mustered my courage & went to meet total strangers. It was one of the best things I've done in recent years. I've got some great new friends & we all LOVE to LC!