Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Am I hot!? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=166356)

PurpleStix Thu, Feb-12-04 02:54

Am I hot!?

For the last two weeks, the temperature at home seems to be about 2 degrees Celsius warmer than what the thermometer says, I sweat more at martial arts, my feet seem warmer than usual, even a bit tingly.

I am 44, male, and been eating about 100g carbs/day since August. I consume a lot of olive oil and flax oil, a variety of meat, eggs, milk, and many different vegetables each day. My main activities are martial arts with a small amount of remedial (rotator cuff) weight training.

Anyone have any ideas on what's up here? Could my metabolism be going away up all of a sudden?

Sbear Thu, Feb-12-04 10:58

I know when I'm burning fat, my body has the feeling of a furnace. Hard to explain - not really sweating hot, but a general all over constant warmth. I think lots of people experience this.

pd Rydia Thu, Feb-12-04 11:00

Same thing as Sbear.

Fireball Thu, Feb-12-04 12:46

Hmmm....is that why my cheeks get all warm/red almost like I have a fever every afternoon?? :q:

VickiP Thu, Feb-12-04 14:37

I guess this just shows how everyone is different! I was reading back a few pages b/c I haven't been to the forum for a while and I found a really long thread of people saying they have been really cold since low carbing!

PurpleStix Thu, Feb-12-04 19:42

I guess I will think of this as a Good Thing then ;)
Thanks folks!

shipto Sat, Feb-14-04 13:25

Yeah I have been feeling really warm too more so than usual I have to keep the bedroom window open pretty much all year round for the fresh air.
BTW purplestix what MA do you do? into Muay Thai myself and loving it hope to get my assistant instructor this year.

Nancy LC Sat, Feb-14-04 14:51

When I consume too many calories occassionally I'll get too hot. I've read studies where naturally skinny people seem to burn up excess calories by their metabolism turning up rather than just storing everything extra.

I get too cold if I have too few calories. I think it is the body's way of turning the thermostat down so you don't starve.

Lisa N Sat, Feb-14-04 18:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiP
I guess this just shows how everyone is different! I was reading back a few pages b/c I haven't been to the forum for a while and I found a really long thread of people saying they have been really cold since low carbing!

I've noticed that I have a day or two of feeling very cold right before I get a whoosh. Guess we're all different, but I've definitely noticed the cold more this year than I have in past years. Heck...I used to run around half the winter in nothing but a sweatshirt. DH teases me about it and says it's because "my feathers are thinner". :lol:

StarOrchid Sun, Feb-15-04 10:47

I'm usually freezing cold all day long, but at night I sweat like I've just run a marathon and end up waking up with the blankets pushed off and my pj's thrown on the floor. who knows!

PurpleStix Sun, Feb-15-04 22:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipto
BTW purplestix what MA do you do? into Muay Thai myself and loving it hope to get my assistant instructor this year.

I am doing a mixed martial arts course, mostly Muay Thai and Jiu Jitsu, but a lot of other stuff too. At the same studio there is also a cardio kickboxing workout that I do sometimes.

CherylAust Tue, Feb-17-04 06:12

I've been feeling hot too, even though it's summer here, I can tell that I am hotter. At work (AC comfort) one of the first things I do is turn on the fan and every chance I get I stand in front of it. At dinner time I get really hot and sweaty (oh I forgot< I'm a lady.... perspirey :p ) and have to turn the AC to a cooler setting. Then there are times I feel cold. Strange.

Klodo2 Tue, Feb-17-04 06:30

Not to make light of your concern, but you gave me a good giggle with this post. You see, when I saw the subject line, I thought it was going to be a request to vote for you on AmIHot.com. Duh...
Just had a blonde moment there... :wiggle: