Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb Products (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Hardee's Low Carb Breakfast Bowl (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=175616)

Britgrl Mon, Mar-29-04 10:17

Hardee's Low Carb Breakfast Bowl

Ok,
Has anyone tried it? For those of you who dont have Hardee's..I've read on the forum about a "Carl's" or something like that, dont know the exact name, which is similar to Hardees. I'm not the one to eat out for breakfast cause its just too expensive to keep it low carb and so much more practical to cook at home...but this morning I decided to run by Hardee's after class to try their new Low Carb Breakfast Bowl. Wow, I was really impressed. It was really good, VERY filling, and for 2.99...there's no way I'd be able to get that full eating out at Waffle House and spend only 3 bucks. Its got prob. 3 eggs wrapped around a big sausage patty, seemed like 2 different types of cheese sprinkled with those big, chunky bacon bits. I was stuffed after it! I read on their billboard they have a new Low Carb Charbroiled Chicken sandwich. I'll have to try that too. Their Low Carb Burgers are just wonderful and HUGE, I bet the chicken will be pretty good too.

Brittany

JaydensMom Mon, Mar-29-04 10:22

Oh Yay!!! I can't wait to try it! Thanks for letting us know about it. I hadn't heard about their low carb breakfast. Hopefully it will be around my neck of the woods soon! :yay:

Rosie Real Mon, Mar-29-04 10:24

:( We don't have Hardee's or Carl's Jr.

That sounds wonderful though. Almost as cheap as making it at home.

sydnarella Mon, Mar-29-04 10:37

I like it too, but I don't like sausage patties so I eat around that. Also, its a wee little bit greasy, but very filling for the money.

JeniInWa Mon, Mar-29-04 10:43

Thanks for the info...... it's baseball season and life seems to be in a hurry up mode. This will make a nice fast breakfast.

Jen

Ohio Kim Mon, Mar-29-04 11:09

I hadn't heard about the new breakfast bowl. Now, I'm anxious to take a new way in to work to swing by Hardees. Thanks.

BetsyJane Mon, Mar-29-04 11:21

Oh YAY! We will be travelling down south for vacation in 2 weeks, and Hardees was one of our planned stops along the way. Good to know there's something so yummy that I can eat!

calico32 Mon, Mar-29-04 16:16

I wish Hardee's was still open around here! The breakfast bowl sounds good.

sophotia Mon, Mar-29-04 16:52

I love Hardees unfortunately there isn't one here in Columbus. I love their Angus-burgers..tasty.

triplemom Mon, Mar-29-04 17:12

I thought the Hardee's breakfast bowl was really good! I hadn't even seen it advertised and was picking up biscuits for the kids, when I saw it on the menu. What a nice surprise! I couldn't even eat the whole thing. It was incredibly filling!

PecanPie Mon, Mar-29-04 17:15

Hi All - The hamburget is wonderful - and for those counting calories too - not too bad at 490 calories - and you can add bacon for a bacon cheeseburger if you want. They advertise it as 6 carbs, but they also show it has 2 grams of fiber.

The breakfast bowl - wow - 5 carbs, and 900 calories. I simply can't do that and lose weight - call me one of the unlucky ones!

I think they have responded well to the market though! Although Wendy's doesn't say they have low carb, they do let you calculate the nutrition information on anything they sell so you can figure out before you go what you will eat and what the "cost" is.

Pecan Pie

Paris Mon, Mar-29-04 17:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophotia
I love Hardees unfortunately there isn't one here in Columbus. I love their Angus-burgers..tasty.

Mmmm. There is one in Circleville and Mount Vernon. I just checked. :D

mrschmelz Mon, Mar-29-04 17:40

Quote:
The breakfast bowl - wow - 5 carbs, and 900 calories. I simply can't do that and lose weight - call me one of the unlucky ones!

Not sure where you got the 900 calories from, but according to their website it has 600 calories. I try not to eat that many calories at once, but in a pinch its pretty good.

Britgrl Mon, Mar-29-04 17:52

Gosh, I thought 900 seemed a lil high but I'll have to look around online to verify the calorie count. The carb count though is 6 grams- 2 fiber= 4 carbs per breakfast bowl. But regardless, even though this is a high caloric meal, I do best and I bet others do too when my highest calorie meal is eating in the morning. I've tried to keep this routine up and its paid off well. I save salads, veggies, and chicken/fish for dinner and stick to my higher calorie/higher fat choices for breakfast. The days I've stuck to this I have noticed my scale moving along a lil better! The high calorie breakfast keeps me going strong through out the day =)
Brittany

JaydensMom Mon, Mar-29-04 17:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britgrl
Gosh, I thought 900 seemed a lil high but I'll have to look around online to verify the calorie count. The carb count though is 6 grams- 2 fiber= 4 carbs per breakfast bowl. But regardless, even though this is a high caloric meal, I do best and I bet others do too when my highest calorie meal is eating in the morning. I've tried to keep this routine up and its paid off well. I save salads, veggies, and chicken/fish for dinner and stick to my higher calorie/higher fat choices for breakfast. The days I've stuck to this I have noticed my scale moving along a lil better! The high calorie breakfast keeps me going strong through out the day =)
Brittany

WOW! What a great idea. I think I may try this and see how it goes for me. Makes sense. :)