Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   One more sweet question (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=94171)

coolazchic Sun, Mar-23-03 21:09

One more sweet question

I have been craving sweets like you cannot believe for the past two days but have done well in curtailing that by eating something else that I can have like deviled eggs BUT I was wondering what some of you suggest I can have during induction if I have another one of these sweet cravings? I see that some of you eat SF jello but I can't have SF jello it makes me very sick to my stomach. Just wondering what some of you did during induction for that ol' sweet tooth!

Thanks! All of you have been so wonderful and supportive. I am glad I found this site!

liz175 Sun, Mar-23-03 21:14

I think the point of induction is to get over craving sweets. Stick it out -- the cravings should go away very soon. If you give in to them, you'll have to start over again at the beginning!

Kathy54 Sun, Mar-23-03 22:02

I had a time during induction for about 3 days I craved something sweet, but thankfully did not give into it. But I must say it's amazing how sweet a red,orange or yellow raw pepper tasted! I think it helped.

Cheers Kathy

1busymomma Sun, Mar-23-03 22:47

amazingly, I chew/suck on ice cubes. Satisfies it for some reason. It's weird but it works for me. lol.

coolazchic Mon, Mar-24-03 00:28

Gotta try the ice cubes! :thup: Thanks! I see light at the end of the tunnel

BeccaResRN Mon, Mar-24-03 04:55

Hello

Hi i am also from Arizona..and I have to second the ice...I like the kind thats little pellets...really helps with the crunch factor that I miss so much. and you are already doing one of my tricks deviled eggs, my others are bacon and tuna with lots of mayo. Now don't ask me how this helps but maybe by upping my fat level...and I still lost too. Hang in there

Hey wherein Az are you??? if you don't mind saying

Bye ya

loril65 Mon, Mar-24-03 07:18

last night I nearly caved.

I dug out my ice shaver and made a wonderful icee with Torani sugarfree vanilla syrup.

These are gooooood!

junebug61 Mon, Mar-24-03 08:11

We just got back from Arizona. I was on vacation for a week. My parents are in the Tucson area, and I also had a sweet craving.

I had to make a birthday cake for my mother and didn't even have a piece. Went to the mall there and saw a low carb mall store. Nice!! The guy gave us a sample of some wonderful low carb ice cream, soft serve. It was too good. After getting home to Iowa, I weighed in and actually stayed the same. I was very happy with the results. I did eat alot of nuts, and had happy hour nightly.

We were in Prescott, AZ for two days. What a lovely town. The plan is to move there once our kids are in college. About 5 more years!!

Have you ever been to Prescott?

paradise Mon, Mar-24-03 08:17

I second liz175's post above.

Pancho Mon, Mar-24-03 09:22

You may want to try the L-Glutamine tablets to hold off sugar cravings.

coolazchic Mon, Mar-24-03 10:12

I am from Tempe. Tucson is fun. I have never been to Prescott though. I think I will for sure check out the L-Glutamine because last night my craving was really bad. I did good though no cheating. I had ice and I do admit it helped a bit.

Quote:
I had to make a birthday cake for my mother and didn't even have a piece

I know how you feel! I do cake decorating as a hobbie and I had to make a cake on Sat and could not lick the bowl! Cake has not been my temptation though. Chocolate and ice cream and for some strange reason peanut butter are all I seem to think about these days.

paradise Mon, Mar-24-03 10:46

After you get out of Induction, there is a recipe on the Sweet Treats forum for peanut butter cups that is to die for! The thread has lots of stars next to it and I think was started by fern. It uses unsweetened chocolate, Splenda, butter, and peanut butter. Check it out!