Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Hippie Dippy Note to Self (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=481737)

Jamackarch Wed, Dec-19-18 00:57

Hippie Dippy Note to Self

Okay, Everybody!

Hippie-Dippy Message of the Day...

LOVE YOURSELF!!! :rheart:

We all spend a lot of time on this board thinking about the future, planning for the future, and working for physical change.

We expend a lot of energy dreaming of...metamorphosis.

As we all stirve to transform/improve our lives and our health, as well as our physiques, I thought we could pause, just for a moment, and share some thing(s) we do not want to change.

Wherever you are in your journey, ask yourself, What do I like about my physical self right now? (Not a comfortable exercise...but, let's do it!) Okay, here goes...

I like...my long eyelashes. I like my cute feet. And, I like my legs.
There. My positive body affirmation of the day!

Okay, what about you? Pick at least one thing you love about yourself, as is, and write it here. Shout it out! :D

Kristine Wed, Dec-19-18 17:35

Great thread idea. :thup:

I like my hands and wrists. My hands and nails become a complete mess from chemicals at work, and I make a point to moisturize as often as possible, and give myself a mini mani every weekend.

Jamackarch Fri, Dec-21-18 19:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine
Great thread idea. :thup:
Thanks, Kristine! It's always important to stop and think about what we LIKE about ourselves! Not an easy thing to do, sometimes.

Quote:
I like my hands and wrists. My hands and nails become a complete mess from chemicals at work, and I make a point to moisturize as often as possible, and give myself a mini mani every weekend.
Niiiice! ...I went to school with a girl who had the prettiest hands... Hands are important- they are like the face: people see your hands... :clap:

dan_rose Sun, Dec-23-18 12:30

There's nothing I don't like (at least on the outside!) - none of it's particularly pretty but that's not the same thing.

WereBear Sun, Dec-23-18 12:45

I like my hair. Even though now I am putting highlights in it and it’s no longer the chestnut color that I can’t afford to maintain.

But it’s still in good shape and as always, it does what it wants, but I have a good haircutter who works with that.

bluesinger Sun, Dec-23-18 20:53

I really like my body. When I gain weight, it's sort of like blowing up a balloon. Everything just gets bigger. Except I don't get taller. Boohoo!

When I lose, it's like letting the air out of the balloon and my body shape is the same as when I was young.

I have little feet and I like them.

Most disappointing part of me is my thin, wimpy hair. But nobody has everything.

Jamackarch Wed, Dec-26-18 16:14

Werebear likes her hair
Gorgeous highlights here and there
Sentient locks, oh so fair!

Jamackarch Wed, Dec-26-18 16:37

Body balloon shrunk
Revealing sleak legs and trunk
Glenda: Carbs are bunk!

mike_d Wed, Dec-26-18 17:12

-- I like my (censored)
-- I like my hair, even though there isn't much of it -- except in my nose and ears.
-- I like my hands, even though the wrists they are connected to get painful sometimes. I can't cut my tough nails with standard issue nail clippers though.
-- I like my feet, they absorb Sun providing me with vitamin D and don't sunburn like my neck, shoulders or the top of my balding head. Bolt cutters are handy for trimming the tougher nails -- an angle grinder is handy to remove those thick heel calluses.
-- I like my navel, I was blessed with an innie*
-- I like my waxy moles, interesting to look at and no cancer risk.
-- I like my teeth and gums -- still all there, pearly white, pink and pristine after 70 years on this Earth.
-- I like my knees. I keep them smooth with Mane 'n Tail's Hoofmaker® from Tractor Supply.

Well, you asked :)

*Outies usually occur when more of the umbilical cord is left when it's cut, leading to more skin left over once it dries out -- wonderopolis.org

Jamackarch Wed, Dec-26-18 19:46

For Mike:

Teeth are pearly white
Navel, knees, and hair alright
Feet enjoy sunlight

Jamackarch Wed, Dec-26-18 19:55

For Kristine:

Working strong she can
Moisturizing wrists and hands
Mini-manis fan!

Jamackarch Wed, Dec-26-18 21:32

For Dan:

Body image rocks
From his head down to his socks
Sugar's such a crock!

mike_d Thu, Dec-27-18 15:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamackarch
For Mike:

Teeth are pearly white
Feet enjoy sunlight
Good! :agree:
Quote:
Body image rocks
From his head down to his socks
Sugar's such a crock!
Double good! :)

Kristine Fri, Dec-28-18 06:03

:lol: Thanks, Jammie!

Gotta add a line to Mike's, though:

Teeth are pearly white
Feet enjoy sunlight
{censored} still a delight :agree:

khrussva Fri, Dec-28-18 09:54

I like my state of mind these days. This lyric from Scrooge pretty much sums it up...

I like life!
Life likes me!
Life and I fairly fully agree
Life is fine!
Life is good!
'Specially mine which is just as it should be!
I like pouring the wine and why not?
Life's a pleasure that I deny not

I like life here and now
Life and I made a mutual vow
Till I die, life and I,
We'll both try to be better somehow
And if life were a woman she would be my wife
Why?
Because I like life!

https://www.flashlyrics.com/lyrics/...life-reprise-06

BTW: The "Scrooge" version of A Christmas Carol is a family favorite.