Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Success Stories (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   110 down, 25 to go. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=80247)

ColbyJax Tue, Jan-14-03 11:23

110 down, 25 to go.

1 Attachment(s)
This is an old message. Some of you may already know, but this is my second attempt at losing weight. This time, I am keeping it off... I'll leave it here though so you can see how I did it the first time....

`````````````````````````````````

My name is Bruce, and I am from Halifax, Nova Scotia.

I've lost 110 pounds since last February. As you can tell, Atkins has changed my life. I have 25 more to go, but I'm fairly happy so far....

Here's a picture of my progression

RobinTX Tue, Jan-14-03 15:34

Hey Bruce...

Your results are unbelievable!! You look wonderful and happy. Your before and afters look like two totally different people. Congratulations to you - what an inspiration!!!

Robin :wave:

McRumi Tue, Jan-14-03 17:05

Holy Halifax!

Bruce,
Your achievement is way awesome.
Any interesting stories or tips you can share?
Thanks for the inspiration.
Mark

TeriDoodle Tue, Jan-14-03 17:07

Bruce..... you look WONDERFUL!!! That before picture is really revealing, isn't it?.... sad look with crutch in hand. And then look at the "afters"!!!!! You are awesome, dude!!! You must have really worked hard! Congratulations, my friend, and thank you so much for posting your pictures! :D :thup:

ColbyJax Wed, Jan-15-03 05:41

Thanks very much everyone :)

I posted my personal method for the diet in my Journal. Doesn't seem to be linked to me yet.

I started this whole thing because I was tired of being alone. Valentines day last year was day 1. It took more will-power then anything, but I think the biggest hurdle was the weight loss itself. Once I learned how to lose weight, and how different if felt, it became easy.

You know what they say, it's a lifestyle change. Thats the way you have to do things. If you think about it, one or two pounds a week is a perfect loss. 8 pounds a month = 80 pounds every 10 months. Not bad if you ask me.

My brother actually felt that was too slow, and stopped the diet. He didn't look at the long term. Don't make the same mistake.

My new goal is abs by August ;)

DWRolfe Wed, Jan-15-03 10:01

LOL!

Awesome! You look great! Congratulations! I know how much better you feel...

Your pix just brightened my day!

As far as the rate of loss...aren't you glad you did it at a slow and steady rate? To fast = loose skin. Eeeewwww...

I'm down 105+ in a year. It's the greatest feeling...

Rock on!

Donald :wave:

babette Wed, Jan-15-03 18:52

congrats!

What an inspiration you are!

:thup:

Titania28 Wed, Jan-15-03 23:21

Your smile in that picture says it all!! Congratulations, you look incredible! ;)

Titania

Kristine Thu, Jan-16-03 17:37

WOW!! Bruce, that doesn't even look like pictures of the same person!! :thup: :thup: You must feel great!

So... Valentines Day is coming up again. :rheart: I bet you'll have a lady to spend it with this time! ;) You look really confident and radiant; girls like that. ;)

pbastian Fri, Jan-17-03 09:44

What a transformation! You are truly an inspiration to those of us just starting down this road - Thanks for sharing your pictures and thoughts.
Pat

Pokey Fri, Jan-17-03 10:05

WOW!!!

Bruce you look awesome. :clap: Ya little Hotty you!! :blush: LOL
You looked so sad in the before pix but now soooo happy. I cant wait to get to that point.
Good for you!
Toodles, :wave:

Bonnie Fri, Jan-17-03 11:31

Way to go Bruce!

You look fantastic :thup: and heh a Maritimer to boot :lol: :lol: were ya just jamming in the pic or do you belong to a band :q: if so what is the name ...hubby and son play in SVT from Fredericton ... thought if you play in any of the clubs or pubs in Halifax might be able to catch you sometime when we are down... ;) way to go on the great achievement :thup: ...B

alibubble Fri, Jan-17-03 16:34

Hi Bruce,

Bet the ladies are queuing up for you this Valentines !!!
Including me...you're gorgeous.....ok so I'm a little older than you but I'm allowed to dream !!

Well done you
Ali

liz175 Sat, Jan-18-03 08:57

Bruce,

You look so wonderfully happy; it's an inspiration to us all! Thanks for posting your pictures and your story.

ColbyJax Sat, Jan-18-03 10:16

Hehe, thanks everyone....

Bonnie, my band is called Merimac, and we play all the pubs and bars downtown. (Fife and Drum, Alehouse, Splitcrow...etc)

http://merimac.compactaudio.net

One of the many things I've done over the past year...hehe

:)