Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Hello...I'm new....lots of advice needed! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=92318)

Goat Lady Fri, Mar-14-03 02:18

Hello...I'm new....lots of advice needed!

:wave: Hey there!!! I'm new here but not to this WOE....I'm planning on starting on Monday....have to many plans this wkend soooo, I decided to wait until the wkend was over....

I've done Atkins before and loved the results but my will-power just wasn't there....I need support and lots of advice....Spring is right around the corner and Summer is after that....I don't want to be wearing big shirts AGAIN! Plus with my kids and all the animals, I want to keep up with them!

I've been reading all of the posts for a couple of hours now and the support here is incredible! So, I'm hoping that I came to a great place to start!

Lots of advice is greatly appreciated!!! :roll:

catspaw Fri, Mar-14-03 02:32

Welcome aboard

Hi Goat lady,

If you want advice you've come to the right place. 2 things first- start a journal, and join fitday. Both of those will help you keep track of your journey, and can help others figure out problems if you run into any.

Water, water, water.

Finally, don't be afraid to ask questions, but you might try to use the search function to see if you can hunt down previous threads first. There's a wealth of information on this site.

best of luck!

Goat Lady Fri, Mar-14-03 07:08

Catspaw,
Thank you for responding....It's nice to know the support is out there wherever you're from.....I'm really going to get myself ready and my mind set to do this!!!!

BarbCA Fri, Mar-14-03 07:22

This is a great place to come for support and advice. I would have fallen (again) the first week if it weren't for this board.

Paleoanth Fri, Mar-14-03 07:25

Welcome! I am glad you decided to join the low carb party here. This forum has been so wonderful for me as well.

kmwebb1967 Fri, Mar-14-03 08:31

Hey GoatLady!

Where in Central Ohio? I am in Reynoldsburg.

JimR-OCDS Fri, Mar-14-03 11:43

This is my second go on Atkins. The last time, I fell off due to boredom with what I was eating. This time, I found this place and the recipe's are fantastic! I've done the Deep Dish Pizza Quiche, Mok Danish and French toast. I can't believe I'm eating these things and still loosing weight!

This morning, my wife commented that my pot-belly has reduced.

Another good thing is, since I've eaten the Deep Dish Pizza, I've forgotten what real pizza taste like, so I don't have the craving for it anymore and it works out good for Friday's dinner during Lent.

janetkind Fri, Mar-14-03 11:56

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Hello and welcome to group. This week is my 6 week doing atkins. Do join in here and talk and do go to chat. ireally think we can help eachother to keep going.
I came real close to stopping atkins last night. But it was mainly due to not feeling so good. Yeast thing going on and TOM any time. i wanted junk. just couple thinks other then eggs meat, salads ect. you know, but doing better today. got to get to store tonight to get stuff. think i will try to look for Jello made with splenda. and have that. got to make decaffine tea to. will just waanted to say hello. and Dingo are you out there e mail me.
have a great losing day all u losers.ha

Dingo10520 Fri, Mar-14-03 13:28

Welcome, Ms Goat Lady! You're going to love it here!

I was reading through your thread and saw someone was looking for me...so Janet, if you see this, check your private messages or leave a note in my journal...OK?

See, Goat Lady? You are now the official message taker :)

All the best to you WE CAN DO THIS!
Sue

Goat Lady Sat, Mar-15-03 13:12

Re: Hey GoatLady!

Quote:
Originally posted by kmwebb1967
Where in Central Ohio? I am in Reynoldsburg.

I'm in the Zanesvile area...bout an hour east of Columbus!!!
Cool to have someone close!!!!