Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb Products (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Carb Options (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=160711)

adukart Mon, Jan-19-04 14:54

Carb Options

Anyone trying the new Carb Options products by Unilever? (www.carboptions.com) I got the ranch dressing and the salad dressing. The ranch was good but the salad dressing tastes like miracle whip, I have always used mayo so I am definately sticking with mayo.

ian559 Tue, Jan-20-04 08:05

thats why the spread is so good!!! Its like miracle whip. Made awesome chickensalad and many other things
I have tried almost all of the products. I love the lemon iced tea with splenda.

ACHINES Tue, Jan-20-04 08:11

I have to get some then...Mircle whip is the world's perfect food!!! LOL

centikel Tue, Jan-20-04 15:16

Hmm, I'm going to have to try Miracle Whip. I've always been a straight Hellman's mayo kind of girl so far. As for salad dressings, I use whatever ones have 1g carb per 2T - fortunately blue cheese dressing has always been my favorite so I have an edge over people who love French. When in doubt, it seems that Ken's dressings have relatively lower carbs than the other major brands, comparing same types.

PS got to love the Sox

ACHINES Thu, Jan-29-04 09:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by centikel
Hmm, I'm going to have to try Miracle Whip. I've always been a straight Hellman's mayo kind of girl so far. As for salad dressings, I use whatever ones have 1g carb per 2T - fortunately blue cheese dressing has always been my favorite so I have an edge over people who love French. When in doubt, it seems that Ken's dressings have relatively lower carbs than the other major brands, comparing same types.

PS got to love the Sox

sox rule...too bad they can't seal the arod deal!!!! I was born in Medford MA now converted southerner in atlanat but hey I still get to see 4 sox games a year down year....

jedswife Thu, Jan-29-04 12:00

some of that stuff is the same old thing just relabeled.

for instance the carb options double cheddar cheese sauce is just the ragu brand double cheddar sauce with a new label on it - the carb count is the same.

<b>really the only reason to watch it is the PRICE.</b>

the carb options cheddar sauce was $3.00 per jar while the ragu cheddar sauce with same amt. of carbs was $1.55 at walmart.

ian559 Thu, Jan-29-04 21:36

carb count is not the same. you need to reread the jars.

jedswife Fri, Jan-30-04 12:54

ok so instead of 2 carbs in the carb options sauce its 3 carbs in the regular.

not enough difference to matter

adukart Fri, Jan-30-04 13:41

There is only one in the regular ranch dressing. That would seem like no big deal but to me it is. I use it on everything and that 1 carb adds up. As for the cheese sauce I guess it would be a big deal if you use it alot.

After using the ranch for a couple weeks I do notice that it does taste just slightly more like fat free than regular, I may be switching back to regular.

BlitzedAng Fri, Jan-30-04 14:09

I really liked the peanut butter and so does my children.

adukart Mon, Feb-09-04 10:32

Look at this:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=165615

The Italian Dressing has MSG, I don't know about the Ranch but geeez.

Just doubled checked and yep, so does the ranch.

ian559 Mon, Feb-09-04 17:19

1 carb here one carb there and all of a sudden you are not loosing weight. So 1 carb is a big differance if you only eat 20...... Maybee not to you but it is to me.

candyapple Tue, Feb-10-04 11:10

First I purchased the peanut butter and the ice tea. Both are awesome!

Yesterday, I purchased the barbeque sauce, alfredo sauce and spagetti sauce.

So far Im very pleased with their products. :agree:

siara28 Thu, Feb-19-04 08:10

I absolutely love the alfredo and the double cheddar cheese!!!
I served the 1/2 of the alfredo jar with cooked chicken and broccoli heated in a pan, it was DELISH!!!!!
I served the double cheddar over broccoli!

I am very happy!!
Heidi