Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   ketosis but no weight or inch loss (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=40418)

aroha Sat, Apr-13-02 03:33

ketosis but no weight or inch loss

I would be very interested in some advice please.
I am on day 10 of induction , I was quickly into ketosis in day 2 with a small loss then, but in the last 8 days I have lost nothing on the scales and no inches.
And yet I remain in ketosis.
I am eating more than enough, some days not even 20g carbs, I am drinking water til I feel like a fish and still nothing.
I am also taking vitanins and the L- Carntitine(wrong spelling)
Very dissapointing considering last time I was on the diet I lost a huge amount on Induction.
I thought maybe to try the fat fast and see if that helped, but I wasn't sure.
Today also in my despair I ate 2 large choc chip cookies, and although my keto strip colour faded slightly, there has been no real change in colour, I did not enjoy them, in fact they made me nauseous.
Please help

Lisa N Sat, Apr-13-02 06:46

If you've been on Atkins before and gone off or if you have a past of yo-yo dieting, don't expect the same results this time that you got last time. The fast weight loss you experience the first time you do Atkins is a gift; one that isn't bestowed upon you again. The more times you go on an off diets, the harder it gets to loose the weight. You need to develop the mindset that this is not a "diet"..something you do for a little while until you loose the weight you want to loose and then quit. This is for life. If you keep going on and off diets, eventually even induction levels of carb will not work for you. For now, stick with what you are doing and be patient. The weight WILL come off, but not nearly as quickly as it did before.

Natrushka Sat, Apr-13-02 07:03

aroha, welcome to the forum. Induction w/o any losses does happen - it is usually a function of a few things. A history of using LC in the past to lose weight, a history of yo-yo dieting, medications that can slow fat loss, eating the wrong foods, etc. Starting up a Journal would be in your best interest. Often a second set (or more :) ) of eyes can pick out potential problem foods and eating patterns that could help you. Having more information makes a diagnosis easier.

You can visit the "My Journal/Bootcamp" section of the forum and start up your journal in the appropriate alphabetical section - a few examples of your daily menus and some history along with anything else you'd like to include would make offering advice and support much easier.

HTH
Nat

aroha Sat, Apr-13-02 15:27

Thank you both for your replies.
Yes i do have a history of other diets, however i only ever lasted a few days on them, also the medication factor, i was on medication for almost a year due to a head injury, I came off them in february, does anyone know how long medications stay in your body. The one thing that has kept me from going off diet is that I actually feel really great, somethng I never felt on my normal diet so at the moment this is enough incentive to stay on.
I think i will write in a journal thanks for the advice. :wave: