Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Starting over July 1st, 2002 - for repeat falling off the wagon lowcarbers (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=49010)

Lessara Fri, Jun-28-02 10:50

Starting over July 1st, 2002 - for repeat falling off the wagon lowcarbers

Hi, I and a few others are starting a thread for people who have been lowcarbing but keep falling off the wagon due to various reasons. (Such as poor planning, as in my case) :(
We are all going to prepare this weekend for Monday. :)
I wish to stress one thing. We can't do induction again. It can hurt our bodies. My suggestion is to start at 20g of Carbs and stick with that for two weeks. I am going to omit flour, sugar, and potatoes from my diet but you can follow what ever plan you are on. Please use this thread to write what is causing you to to not low carb and what seems to work. Share organizing details for us who couldn't organize even a shopping list :rolleyes:
Any mentors who want to add their two cents in are most welcomed!! Include links, pictures, anything that can be useful.
If we get to big, we will just have to have our own forum :D

Atriana Fri, Jun-28-02 11:29

Re: Starting over July 1st, 2002 - for repeat falling off the wagon lowcarbers

Quote:
Originally posted by Lessara
I wish to stress one thing. We can't do induction again. It can hurt our bodies. My suggestion is to start at 20g of Carbs and stick with that for two weeks. :D

Lessara - 20 grams of carbs for two weeks IS induction. Also, 2 weeks of induction (with proper supplementation) should not hurt your body. In fact, Atkins reccomends going back to induction levels when restarting the program, DANDR paperback edition page 220, 222, 214.

MistyBee Fri, Jun-28-02 11:48

Count me in!

Lessara, please count me in!

-Misty

Lessara Fri, Jun-28-02 13:30

Ok Induction it is.

Just so you know, my roommate is going me again because he like me knows that lowcarbing is the way to go.
I would like everyone who feels that they are slipping to hop on here and let us help them out. Together we can do this.

agonycat Fri, Jun-28-02 14:01

If I can help in anyway please let me know.

MistyBee Sun, Jun-30-02 14:01

Wonderful support...

...The support on the board is great, thanks for being here.

I am gearing up to eat lower carb and also I am adding exercise. I am going to stay away from the artificial sweeteners and focus on my health.

I am expecting good results!

:)

Misty

Lessara Mon, Jul-01-02 10:42

Hi

Well this is actually day two for me and what I first noticed is how tired I am! My muscles are weak, so what did I forget to do?
Vitamins.. I forgot to get my vitamins back on track as well as the low carbing! So I took my potassium and my cromium. I'll let you know how things are going tomorrow :)

Anything that you all are experiencing??

MistyBee Wed, Jul-03-02 10:09

I'm experiencing cravings

and I'm upping my vitamins as well.

I have started exercising and this seems to be helping too...

-m-

Lessara Wed, Jul-03-02 10:18

Good news!

My cravings and my muscle pains are going byby!
Thank you, vitamins!! :D

My glitches so far are:
Salads - yeck, wish there were more options.
Weather - Too Dang Hot!!
Exercise - Again... too hot! However I do go swimming when I can.
Menu - Breakfast is boring when you can't bake, nor eat eggs :rolleyes: