Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   I'm hearing voices..... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=167340)

jun keater Mon, Feb-16-04 15:55

I'm hearing voices.....

my daughter made a cake for her boyfriend for Valentine's Day. The rest is sitting on the counter calling me. I keep telling it to shut up but it won't.... I'm scared it is going to make me eat it.

cyndee Mon, Feb-16-04 16:03

Hmmm, i wonder if the voice of your cake sounds like that cthe voice of that cinnabon my brother has in the fridge. Hahaha.

The voice is so sweet, too....BUT i've been listening to the voices on my thighs and waist, too. Those are not sweet, but they are just as loud!!! "Go ahead....Have that cinnabon" they say, "but with every carb you eat, know that you just set yourself waaaaaaay back from getting that fine body of yours that's just waiting to come back"!!!

I just know that immediately after the last swallow, I will hate myself, get discouraged etc etc....been there, done that, no fun.

The voices of my bottom half are a lot more sensible.

STAY AWAY FROM THE CAKE!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!

Lisa N Mon, Feb-16-04 16:09

That reminds me of a sweatshirt that my SIL used to have...it said, "4 out of the 5 voices in my head say 'eat the chocolate'". :lol:

Seriously..if it's that big of a temptation to you, ask your daughter to dispose of it (and quickly!) or bring the rest to boyfriend's house.

Saweetie Mon, Feb-16-04 16:11

hehehe..sometimes when I hear that voice...I put the item in the garbage can where I can't hear it!!

petcrazed Mon, Feb-16-04 16:16

I too heard vocies today form a chocolate chip scone, and i gave in to them now i feel horrible, mentally anyway.

i just think "if i had not eaten that maybe tomorrow i would have lost wight but now it wont happen"

oh well i will start over tomorrow
:agree:

bonesigh Mon, Feb-16-04 18:55

I agree with Saweetie. Give that big mouth cake a new home...in the trash! That'll shut it up! Or put it in the microwave. It will become very unappetizing in a hurry...

;)

-Mike

bonesigh Mon, Feb-16-04 19:01

Oh, I forgot to mention one other thing. I asked my girlfriend to put her Valentine candy away, out of my sight. She's away this week, and although I don't want any candy now, why should I put myself through having to look at the stuff? I don't even know where she put them, so no voices heard. All quiet.

-Mike

Lindym Mon, Feb-16-04 22:04

My daughter made a coffee cake this weekend. Not a problem seeing it there, but I was afraid that without thinking I would snag a piece on the way by. Put on top of the fridge where I couldn't see and eveything was fine :angel:

flynnlee Mon, Feb-16-04 22:06

oh! or you could do a cake stomp -- get on your nastiest work boots, spread out some trash bags, and stomp the heck out of it!! i haven't done it yet -- but sure sounds like fun!!

loopyloosy Mon, Feb-16-04 22:25

You could stick it outside. The raccoons might eat it. They must be getting skinny by this time of year. I'm thinking of Midwestern climate here. It may not work for everyone's raccoons.

adkpam Tue, Feb-17-04 08:30

The cake doesn't care about you!

The cake only cares about itself. Selfish cake!

Don't let it ruin your plans.

Emmsy Tue, Feb-17-04 10:20

I heard those same voices through my television set!! It was a spaghettie western grilled cheese (Garlic bread stuffed and grilled with fresh mozarella and cold spaghetti) Thank goodness I don't keep bread or pasta in the house, 'cause if I did...Oh man I'm drooling even to think about it.

But hey!!! Steak tastes awesome too! There is so much amazing food we get to eat while minimizing our waistlines...Don't do it. JUST SAY NO.

MaggieP Tue, Feb-17-04 11:50

:bash: Bad cake!

I think it needs to go somewhere other than the counter and in plain sight. Out of sight, out of mind.

stashyc Tue, Feb-17-04 12:24

Reminds me of the Sex and the City episode where Miranda can't stop eating the cake- she dumps it in the trash can, pours dish soap all over it, and says she needs to be checked into the Betty Crocker clinic!

cs_carver Tue, Feb-17-04 13:38

Cigarette ashes or dish soap

I mean, if you're willing to eat it (all?), then you can just as easily flush it. You don't have to eat it first...

In my experience, cake that is evolved enough to speak is also able to crawl back out of the trash unless you use additional ruination.